ryan

Module: Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo (TextformatterVideoEmbed)

After you installed the Textformatter, go to /site/modules/TextformatterVideoEmbed.module

add a line in the methode embedYoutube:

// line number +/- 145
$queryString = isset($matches[3][$key]) ? $matches[3][$key] : '';
$queryString = $queryString . "&rel=0"; // this is the new line you should add

---

If you make modifications to this module, it's better to rename the module and the file and install it again. This to insures updates won't delete your modifications

@Martijn: Normally the module should handle this and all other options simply by adding them to the url in the TinyMCE.

Ryan has answered to my post that this should be, but it isn't. Looking to the code shows parts that deal with the params, but they never get executed or after the embed-linkis already created and saved. Haven't investigated further, unfortunately not enough time to do so.

Hello everyebody, 

hope you're fine.

I have a little bug with this module. 

I installed it, step by step like it's describe in the module page.

First, I had an error. But it was in my htaccess file, a line missed : "php_value allow_url_fopen On". After that, the install works... but videos don't appear on the site. PW lets url appear and that's it. And I put it in <p>  etc...but that doesnot work.

So I would like to know what and where I can check in order to use this module (in my module Page, it is "install" and it's ok, on my FTP, it is in the site/module file)?

(sorry for my mistakes in English, as you can see, this isnot my native language :))

and thanks for your help.

Have you assigned the formatter to the field ?

Admin/Setup/Fields/Edit/Field: name-of-the-field   --> Details: TextFormatters 

• Like 2

Have you assigned the formatter to the field ?

Admin/Setup/Fields/Edit/Field: name-of-the-field   --> Details: TextFormatters 

Of course, I had not assigned the formatter to the field...and now it's done...that's work :)

Thank again.

I will try to post harder question next time :)

• Like 2

Hi, im using this module and it works great, but i need a little twitch.
Is there a way to get raw value from textarea? i need to get that link.
i got news list and i need to show img (thumb) generated by youtube to display on my news list instead of embeded video. Only in news detail page i want to show video. And i need to get url to modyfi it to get thumb, any tips ?

Thanks.

There's a beneficial thing for that Module. You can quickly find embedded video's just by searching video images. 

• Like 1

You can use Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo and GetVideoThumbs together without any problems. Are you having issues?

You can use Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo and GetVideoThumbs together without any problems. Are you having issues?

Im sitting to my work now il let u know if i get some issues.

Thank you for now :) this helped

WOW so easy and clear, awesome module just perfect for this thank's guys !

I just had to add link to videos again but its working perfectly thank you mate :)

Im trying to add video links thru api

im checking if the url is from youtube or vimeo then im doing :

if($videoUrl) { $np->video = $sanitizer->textarea($url);}

but in result on the page i got url string, if i save page from admin site then its formated to video player.

Any way to fix this ? 

I think the issue is simply that this module requires the video link to be in a <p> tag. Take a look at the two functions in the module and you'll see what I mean. So you could just do this and I think it should work.

if($videoUrl) { $np->video = '<p>'.$sanitizer->textarea($url).'</p>';}
  • Like 2

I think the issue is simply that this module requires the video link to be in a <p> tag. Take a look at the two functions in the module and you'll see what I mean. So you could just do this and I think it should work.

if($videoUrl) { $np->video = '<p>'.$sanitizer->textarea($url).'</p>';}

Ty Adrian, i will check this out later today :)

It did worked :) ty Adrian, but now module for grabbing images of videos wont populate field with images.

Do you have the video field selected in the "Video Images Field" setting in the GetVideoThumbs module config?

Yep module works fine when im saving page thru admin panel

video field = video
images = video_imgs

Sorry about that - I just pushed a new version that supports grabbing the thumbnails when saving a page through the API as well. Let me know how it goes.

• Like 3

Sorry about that - I just pushed a new version that supports grabbing the thumbnails when saving a page through the API as well. Let me know how it goes.

Hah u have nothing to sorry about :D, i thank you for your work and time :).

I downloaded newest version from gitbub and it works perfectly  :) thank you again.

• Like 2

Nice little module!

Is there an "easy" way of getting the output into an array I can loop?

I want to load content from a couple of different image and video fields into a slider, which would require each of the .TextformatterVideoEmbed divs to be wrapped in a separate .slide div.

I suppose I would need to slice up the textfield into divs then loop these?

Thanks!

Phil

Just got a client where vimeo video isn't working, turns out that the video ID is 9 digit, that why it isn't working. 8 Didigt or lower work but the video as soon as it has 9 digits refuse to show, just keeps url as text. 

Anyone an idea why?

Looks like that the oembed url is returning a 403 Forbidden

I think it's cause the video isn't allowed to be embeded, cause other videos with 9 digit id work fine. I'm not sure cause I never had much to do with vimeo, but that must be it.

Hi there!

Seeing the weird condition to embed videos

resulting in a viewable video in textarea fields you apply it to.

paste in YouTube and/or Vimeo video URLs each on their own paragraph.

This text formatter is looking for a YouTube or Vimeo video URL surrounded by paragraph tags.

I don't want the user to write anything else there, where a video should belong to, which is why I used an URL field, which is wrong I guess, since there are no p-elements surrounding the URL

Is there any way touse the URL field along with the formatter to display videos?

thanks in advance!

Don't use the formatter. Why not simply use:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="<?php echo $page->your_field; ?>" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thomasaull
      Some time ago I created a site profile for creation of a REST API with ProcessWire. Since I kept struggeling with updating stuff between different projects which use this, I decided to convert it into a module. It is now ready for testing: https://github.com/thomasaull/RestApi
      Additionally I added a few small features:
      automatic creation of JWT Secret at module install routes can be flagged as auth: false, which makes them publicly accessible even though JWT Auth is activated in module settings To check things out, download and install the module and check the folder /site/api for examples.
      If you find any bugs or can think of improvements, please let me know!
    • By kongondo
      Sites Manager

16 September 2018:
      FOR NOW, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS MODULE IN A PRODUCTION SITE. A  RECENT ProcessWire UPDATE HAS BROKEN THE MODULE. I AM WORKING ON A FIX.

################

Sites Manager is a module for ProcessWire that allows Superusers to easily create/install ProcessWire sites on the same serverspace the module is running in. Only Superusers can use the module. You can create both stand-alone and multi-sites.

Single/Stand-alone Sites
      Stand-alone or single-sites are sites that will run in their own document root/directory with their own wire and site folders, .htaccess, index.php, etc. In other words, a normal ProcessWire site.
      Multiple Sites
      Multi-sites are sites that will run off one wire folder (shared amongst two or more sites) each having their own site folder and database. In this regard, it is important to note that Sites Manager is not in itself a multiple sites solution! Rather, it is a utility that helps you create multi-sites to be run using the ProcessWire core multiple sites feature. For more on this core feature, see the official ProcessWire documentation, specifically the solution referred to as Option #1.
      Option #1 approach requires the site admin to initially install ProcessWire in a temporary directory for each new site. The directory then needs to be renamed as site-xxx, where ‘xxx’ is any name you want to use to differentiate the installation from other sites, before it is moved to the webroot. For instance, site-mysite, site-another, site-whatever. In addition, the /wire/index.config.php file must be copied/moved to the webroot. Each time a site is added, the index.config.php has to be edited to add ‘domain’ => ‘site-directory’ key=>value pairs for the site. This process can become a bit tedious. This module aims to automate the whole multi-site site creation process.
      The module is based off the official ProcessWire installer. Creating a site is as simple as completing and submitting a single form! You also have the option to type and paste values or reuse a pre-defined install configuration.

The module will:
      Install a ProcessWire site in your named directory, applying chmod values as specified
      Move the directory to your webroot
      Update/Create a Superuser account as per the submitted form, including setting the desired admin theme and colour
      For multi sites, update sites.json (used by index.config.php to get array of installed sites)

For multi sites, the only difference in relation to the core multi-sites index.config.php is that this file is slightly different from the one that ships with ProcessWire.
      Download from GitHub: Sites Manager (Beta Release)
      Features
      Install unlimited number of sites in one (multi-sites) or independent (single-site) ProcessWire installs. Install by completing a Form, Typing or pasting in configurations or using pre-created install configurations. Choose an Admin Theme to auto-install along with the site installation. For single-sites installation, download, save and reuse ProcessWire versions of your choice. Install and maintain site profiles for reuse to create other sites. Create install configurations to speed up installation tasks. Client and server-side validation of site creation values. Edit uploaded profiles (e.g., replace profile file). Lock installed sites, configurations and profiles to prevent editing. Bulk delete items such as site profiles, installed site directories and/or databases (confirmation required for latter two). View important site details (admin login, chmod, etc). Links to installed sites home and admin pages. Timezones auto-complete/-suggest. Pre-requisites, Installation & Usage
      Please see the documentation.
      Technicalities/Issues
      Only Superusers can use the module.
      ProcessWire 2.7 - 3.x compatible
      Currently using ProcessWire 2.7 installer (install.php)
      For multi-sites, potential race condition when sites.json is being updated on a new site install vs. index.config.php accessing the json file?
      Not tested with sub-directory installs (for instance localhost/pw/my-site-here/)
      Currently not doing the extra/experimental database stuff (database charset and engine)
      Future Possibilities
      Install specified modules along with the ProcessWire install
      Profile previews?
      Credits
      @ryan: for the ProcessWire installer
      @abdus: for the index.config.php reading from JSON idea
      @swampmusic: for the challenge
      Video Demo
      Demo  showing how quick module works on a remote server [YMMV!]. Video shows downloading and processing two versions of ProcessWire (~takes 7 seconds) and installing a single/stand-alone ProcessWire 3 site using the new Admin Theme UI Kit (~2 seconds) on a remote server.

Screens

• By Robin S
      Breadcrumb Dropdowns
      Adds dropdown menus of page edit links to the breadcrumbs in Page Edit.

Installation
      Install the Breadcrumb Dropdowns module. The module requires ProcessWire >= v3.0.83 and AdminThemeUikit.
      There is a checkbox option in the module config that determines if the breadcrumb dropdowns will include pages that the user does not have permission to edit.
      Features/details
      The module adds an additional breadcrumb item at the end for the currently edited page. That's because I think it's more intuitive for the dropdown under each breadcrumb item to show the item's sibling pages rather than the item's child pages. In the dropdown menus the current page and the current page's parents are highlighted in a crimson colour to make it easier to quickly locate them in case you want to edit the next or previous sibling page. Unpublished and hidden pages are indicated in the dropdowns with similar styling to that used in Page List. If the option to include uneditable pages is selected then those pages are indicated by italics with a reduced text opacity and the "not-allowed" cursor is shown on hover. There is a limit of 25 pages per dropdown for performance reasons and to avoid the dropdown becoming unwieldy. If the current user is allowed to add new pages under the parent page an "Add New" link is shown at the bottom of the breadcrumb dropdown. If the currently edited page has children or the user may add children, a caret at the end of the breadcrumbs reveals a dropdown of up to the first 25 children and/or an "Add New" link. Overriding the listed siblings for a page
      If you want to override the siblings that are listed in the dropdowns you can hook the BreadcrumbDropdowns::getSiblingsmethod and change the returned PageArray. For most use cases this won't be necessary.
      Incompatibilities
      This module replaces the AdminThemeUikit::renderBreadcrumbs method so will potentially be incompatible with other modules that hook the same method.

https://modules.processwire.com/modules/breadcrumb-dropdowns/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/BreadcrumbDropdowns
    • By bernhard
      Some of you might have followed the development of this module here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/15524-previewdiscussion-rockdatatables/ . It is the successor of "RockDataTables" and requires RockFinder to get the data for the grid easily and efficiently. It uses the open source part of agGrid for grid rendering.

WHY?
      ProcessWire is awesome for creating all kinds of custom backend applications, but where it is not so awesome in my opinion is when it comes to listing this data. Of course we have the built in page lister and we have ListerPro, but none of that solutions is capable of properly displaying large amounts of data, for example lists of revenues, aggregations, quick and easy sorts by the user, instant filter and those kind of features. RockGrid to the rescue 😉 

Features/Highlights:
      100k+ rows Instant (client side) filter, search, sort (different sort based on data type, eg "lower/greater than" for numbers, "contains" for strings) extendable via plugins (available plugins at the moment: fullscreen, csv export, reload, batch-processing of data, column sum/statistics, row selection) all the agGrid features (cell renderers, cell styling, pagination, column grouping etc) vanilla javascript, backend and frontend support (though not all plugins are working on the frontend yet and I don't plan to support it as long as I don't need it myself)  
      Limitations:
      While there is an option to retrieve data via AJAX the actual processing of the grid (displaying, filtering, sorting) is done on the client side, meaning that you can get into troubles when handling really large datasets of several thousands of rows. agGrid should be one of the most performant grid options in the world (see the official example page with a 100k row example) and does a lot to prevent problems (such as virtual row rendering), but you should always have this limitation in mind as this is a major difference to the available lister options that do not have this limitation.
      Currently it only supports AdminThemeUikit and I don't plan to support any other admin theme.

Download: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/FieldtypeRockGrid
      Installation: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/Installation
      Quikckstart: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart
      Further instructions: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart#further-instructions
      Changelog: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/FieldtypeRockGrid/raw/master/changelog.md

Module status: alpha, License: MIT
      Note that every installation and uninstallation sends an anonymous google analytics event to my google analytics account. If you don't want that feel free to remove the appropriate lines of code before installation/uninstallation.

Contribute:
      You can contribute to the development of this and other modules or just say thank you by
      testing, reporting issues and making PRs at gitlab liking this post buying me a drink: paypal.me/baumrock/5 liking my facebook page: facebook.com/baumrock hiring me for pw work: baumrock.com  
      Support: Please note that this module might not be as easy and plug&play as many other modules. It needs a good understanding of agGrid (and JavaScript in general) and it likely needs some looks into the code to get all the options. Please understand that I can not provide free support for every request here in the forum. I try to answer all questions that might also help others or that might improve the module but for individual requests I offer paid support for 60€ per hour (excl vat).

Use Cases / Examples:
      Colored grid cells, Icons, Links etc. The Grid also has a "batcher" feature built in that helps communicating with the server via AJAX and managing resource intensive tasks in batches:

Filters, PW panel links and instant reload on panel close:

You can combine the grid with a chart library like I did with the (outdated) RockDataTables module:

• By Ken Muldrew
      I'm trying to get a short routine to run once per day that will look at some pages and send a reminder email when that customer's subscription (yearly) is about to expire. When I run the code in a template then it works without issue, but inside my lazycron service routine, I get an "Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null" as if the database cannot be found. My autoload module is just the sample HelloWorld module included with ProcessWire, editted to perform this task. The whole of it is included below (I've stripped out the code that generates the email because it never gets past $pages->find):

<?php namespace ProcessWire;
      /**
       * ProcessWire 'LazyCronLoad'  module
       */
      class LazyCronLoad extends WireData implements Module {
          public static function getModuleInfo() {
              return array(
                  'title' => 'LazyCronLoad', 
                  'version' => 1, 
                  'summary' => 'Just loads a lazy cron callback.',
                  'singular' => true, 
                  'autoload' => true, 
                  );
          }
          public function init() {
              // initialize the hook in the AutoLoad module
              $this->addHook('LazyCron::everyDay', $this, 'myHook');

}
          public function myHook(HookEvent $e) {
              // called once per day
              wire('log')->save('user_activities',' lazy cron service routine');
                  $transport_pages = $pages->find("template=aggregate-entry, aggregate_type.title='Transport'");
                  foreach ($transport_pages as $page) {
                      if (($page->purchase_date + 30325800 < time()) && ($page->purchase_date + 30412600 > time())) { // between 351 and 352 days
                          wire('log')->save('user_activities', $page->id . ' email reminder sent');
                          // send email
                  }
              }
          }        

}
      The first wire('log') shows up but the second one doesn't (the purchase_date condition is met (as demonstrated by running the code in a template close in time to when the lazycron routine executes)). The error log gives the Uncaught Error shown above. 
      I think this is a beginner's mistake with something obvious being missed and would be grateful for any assistance in fixing it.