Module: Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo (TextformatterVideoEmbed)

ryan

After you installed the Textformatter, go to /site/modules/TextformatterVideoEmbed.module

add a line in the methode embedYoutube:

// line number +/- 145
$queryString = isset($matches[3][$key]) ? $matches[3][$key] : '';
$queryString = $queryString . "&rel=0"; // this is the new line you should add

---

If you make modifications to this module, it's better to rename the module and the file and install it again. This to insures updates won't delete your modifications

@Martijn: Normally the module should handle this and all other options simply by adding them to the url in the TinyMCE.

Ryan has answered to my post that this should be, but it isn't. Looking to the code shows parts that deal with the params, but they never get executed or after the embed-linkis already created and saved. Haven't investigated further, unfortunately not enough time to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyebody, 

hope you're fine.

I have a little bug with this module. 

I installed it, step by step like it's describe in the module page.

First, I had an error. But it was in my htaccess file, a line missed : "php_value allow_url_fopen On". After that, the install works... but videos don't appear on the site. PW lets url appear and that's it. And I put it in <p>  etc...but that doesnot work.

So I would like to know what and where I can check in order to use this module (in my module Page, it is "install" and it's ok, on my FTP, it is in the site/module file)?

(sorry for my mistakes in English, as you can see, this isnot my native language :))

and thanks for your help.

Have you assigned the formatter to the field ?

Admin/Setup/Fields/Edit/Field: name-of-the-field   --> Details: TextFormatters 

Of course, I had not assigned the formatter to the field...and now it's done...that's work :)

Thank again.

I will try to post harder question next time :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im using this module and it works great, but i need a little twitch.
Is there a way to get raw value from textarea? i need to get that link.
i got news list and i need to show img (thumb) generated by youtube to display on my news list instead of embeded video. Only in news detail page i want to show video. And i need to get url to modyfi it to get thumb, any tips ?

Thanks.

You can use Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo and GetVideoThumbs together without any problems. Are you having issues?

Im sitting to my work now il let u know if i get some issues.

Thank you for now :) this helped

WOW so easy and clear, awesome module just perfect for this thank's guys !

You can use Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo and GetVideoThumbs together without any problems. Are you having issues?

I just had to add link to videos again but its working perfectly thank you mate :)

Im trying to add video links thru api

im checking if the url is from youtube or vimeo then im doing :

if($videoUrl) { $np->video = $sanitizer->textarea($url);}

but in result on the page i got url string, if i save page from admin site then its formated to video player.

Any way to fix this ? 

I think the issue is simply that this module requires the video link to be in a <p> tag. Take a look at the two functions in the module and you'll see what I mean. So you could just do this and I think it should work.

if($videoUrl) { $np->video = '<p>'.$sanitizer->textarea($url).'</p>';}
  • Like 2

I think the issue is simply that this module requires the video link to be in a <p> tag. Take a look at the two functions in the module and you'll see what I mean. So you could just do this and I think it should work.

if($videoUrl) { $np->video = '<p>'.$sanitizer->textarea($url).'</p>';}

Ty Adrian, i will check this out later today :)

Sorry about that - I just pushed a new version that supports grabbing the thumbnails when saving a page through the API as well. Let me know how it goes.

Hah u have nothing to sorry about :D, i thank you for your work and time :).

I downloaded newest version from gitbub and it works perfectly  :) thank you again.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Nice little module!

Is there an "easy" way of getting the output into an array I can loop?

I want to load content from a couple of different image and video fields into a slider, which would require each of the .TextformatterVideoEmbed divs to be wrapped in a separate .slide div.

I suppose I would need to slice up the textfield into divs then loop these?

Thanks!

Phil

• 4 months later...

Just got a client where vimeo video isn't working, turns out that the video ID is 9 digit, that why it isn't working. 8 Didigt or lower work but the video as soon as it has 9 digits refuse to show, just keeps url as text. 

Anyone an idea why?

Looks like that the oembed url is returning a 403 Forbidden

I think it's cause the video isn't allowed to be embeded, cause other videos with 9 digit id work fine. I'm not sure cause I never had much to do with vimeo, but that must be it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

Seeing the weird condition to embed videos

resulting in a viewable video in textarea fields you apply it to.

paste in YouTube and/or Vimeo video URLs each on their own paragraph.

This text formatter is looking for a YouTube or Vimeo video URL surrounded by paragraph tags.

I don't want the user to write anything else there, where a video should belong to, which is why I used an URL field, which is wrong I guess, since there are no p-elements surrounding the URL

Is there any way touse the URL field along with the formatter to display videos?

thanks in advance!