Photographer Caroline Leeming

benbyf

Nice design! Thanks for the showcase.

I find it a bit hard to navigate though. One opens a slide show at the bottom of the page (for example), but after closing it we are left at the top, so to check out all the photos one has to jump back and forth a lot, or am I missing something? And the /projects/sid-magazine/ slideshow starts with a different photo (different from the one we click on as a preview). At first I was confused.

Another thing is Isotope: switching between ALL and COMMISSIONS swaps some(?) photos in the middle(?). I can only only see the top of three photos changing. What happens actually and why?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, szabesz said:

Nice design! Thanks for the showcase.

I find it a bit hard to navigate though. One opens a slide show at the bottom of the page (for example), but after closing it we are left at the top, so to check out all the photos one has to jump back and forth a lot, or am I missing something? And the /projects/sid-magazine/ slideshow starts with a different photo (different from the one we click on as a preview). At first I was confused.

Another thing is Isotope: switching between ALL and COMMISSIONS swaps some(?) photos in the middle(?). I can only only see the top of three photos changing. What happens actually and why?

interesting, can you tell me your browser and OS? all new content should open at top.

categories clicked should change the thumbnails displayed, was previously more obvious as it would scroll to the thumbs on change.

I'm on OS X 10.11, at first in Firefox 50.1.0 I could only see the header and the navbar at the top, but the rest of the page looked empty, even though I could see the code with the build in Inspector, after a while (because of the lots os refreshes?) content just appeared. Here is a 12fps licecap screengrab from Chrome 55.x (in 57.x, Firefox and Safari looks the same or very similar):

[...old issue with and old image, I removed it to save space...]

Note that in Chrome's console I get: Slow network is detected. Fallback font will be used while loading: http://carolineleeming.com/site/templates/styles/fonts/DTLDocumentaSansST.woff2

Even though speedtest.net reports 75/10 Mpbs at the moment.

not sure you get the use case for it. here i'm using it for two reason 1. to arrange the images (its uses masonry for this as they're made by the same people), 2. to animate filtering of the content - using the category links in this case. you can also do loads load more stuff with it - http://isotope.metafizzy.co/layout-modes.html

• Like 1

You or your client must have some deep pockets for font licensing. From the DTL website:

The eot, woff, ttf and svg fonts are sold as @font-face bundle and such a bundle costs €1250 per weight/style (single byte).

• Like 2