flydev

Duplicator: Backup and move sites

I just sent a PM.

@arjen quickly seeked the log and do not found anything wrong. In that log closing happens at 0.5s and opening at 2.7s so everything seems to work fine a the time between close and open indicates the time for zip operations to take place. You may give it a try and place the backups in some other location (i.e. next to the .../public folder or in .../public/backup), but I doubt this helps, since the logfiles are there.

I can only guess that the $zip->close() fails for some reason, so please try changing that block to read:

$zipLog->verbose("CLOSING ZIP: {$zipfile}");
		$res = $zip->close();
		if($res !== true)
			{
			$zipStatus = $zip->getStatusString();
			$zipLog->verbose("CLOSE ZIP FAILED: {$zipStatus} in {$zipfile}");
			throw new WireException("Unable to close ZIP ({$zipfile}): {$zipStatus}");
			}
		$zipLog->verbose("OPENING ZIP: {$zipfile}");

Since I expect the close to fail I've read the complete log and saw, that it tries to zip temporary files generated by ProCache. So its probably worth to add an exclude for ProCache:

%/ProCache-[^/]+$%  # Ignore ProCache directory

and maybe the pwpc directory as well:

/site/assets/pwpc/

Edit: forgot that exclusion directories must be site-relative (so its /site/assets/pwpc/  not /pwpc/)

• Like 3

@AutofahrnDanke for your hard work on this. I really appreciate it. 

I've excluded both pwpc and added the regex to the config. No luck. I then changed the "Absolute path of the directory where packages are saved." to the ../public folder. No luck either. Funny thing is though that the log says it still wants to save in the "default" folder. 

When I add your code I'm getting a "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$res' (T_VARIABLE)". I've double check the syntax, but it seems to be okay. Not sure what is going on there as well.

I also removed all filecompiler files and let it recompile again. No luck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arjen said:

When I add your code I'm getting a "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$res' (T_VARIABLE)".

Did you check for bad characters? Had this sometimes with copy&paste code from the forum.

Modified the script a little to hopefully display a reasonable error message.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Autofahrn said:

Did you check for bad characters? Had this sometimes with copy&paste code from the forum.

Due to the tooltip problem, the only safe way to copy anything from the forum is to quote the message and then copy from the message composing area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Finally fixed @arjen's issue, culprit was a non-readable file within the pwpc directory which wasn't excluded since I forgot exclusion paths need to be site relative (/site/assets/pwpc/ for all ProCache users).

• Like 4

On 1/28/2017 at 2:34 PM, flydev said:

Good point. How about a simple button "Backup Now" to do it ?

Hi flydev,

just needed to use this module and didn't find that button until i found that I need to install the process module. In one of your screencasts there was the "event trigger" dropdown which is not there any more in newer versions. Why is the process module not installed on installation? I was looking under "setup" before installing the process module and there was of course no duplicator page until i found out that I had to install the process module manually.

Maybe you could also add a hint on the duplicator config screen?

Thx for you module!

• Like 1

Hi @bernhard cool to see that you needed this module for your case.

About your question, I quote myself :

The Process module is not really required because Duplicator could be, if needed, only run from CRON task.

That's not the first time this question is asked, I will make the Process module installed automatically on the next version (which should be ready for the end of august).

• Like 5

19 hours ago, flydev said:

That's not the first time this question is asked, I will make the Process module installed automatically on the next version (which should be ready for the end of august).

A hint on the module config page would also be fine 🙂 "Install Process Module" or "Process Module is (not) installed"

PS: Sorry, didn't follow this 14 pages thread closely enough 😉 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jaro
      This module (github) does with site/assets/files what Ryan's DatabaseBackups module does with the database:
      Backup site/assets Download ZIP archive Upload ZIP archive Restore site/assets Motivation: This module can be the missing part for projects with content backup responsibility on the client's side: The client will be able to download DB and assets/files snapshots through the backend without filesystem access, thus backing up all content themselves.
      Release state alpha – do not use in production environments.
      Credits for the nice UI go to @ryan – I reused most of it and some other code from the DatabaseBackups module.
    • By David Karich
      ProcessWire InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      Thanks to the great ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" I have the possibility to create complex repeater items. With it I have created a quite powerful page builder. Many different content modules, with many more possible design options. The RepeaterMatrix module supports the cloning of items, but only within the same page. Now I often have the case that very design-intensive pages and items are created. If you want to use a content module on a different page (e.g. in the same design), you have to rebuild each item manually every time.
      This module extends the commercial ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" by the function to duplicate repeater items from one page to another page. The condition is that the target field is the same matrix field from which the item is duplicated. This module is currently understood as proof of concept. There are a few limitations that need to be considered. The intention of the module is that this functionality is integrated into the core of RepeaterMatrix and does not require an extra module.
      Check out the screencast
      What the module can do
      Duplicate a repeater item from one page to another No matter how complex the item is Full support for file and image fields Multilingual support Support of Min and Max settings Live synchronization of clipboard between multiple browser tabs. Copy an item and simply switch the browser tab to the target page and you will immediately see the past button Support of multiple RepeaterMatrix fields on one page Configurable which roles and fields are excluded Duplicated items are automatically pasted to the end of the target field and set to hidden status so that changes are not directly published Automatic clipboard update when other items are picked Automatically removes old clipboard data if it is not pasted within 6 hours Delete clipboard itself by clicking the selected item again Benefit: unbelievably fast workflow and content replication What the module can't do
      Before an item can be duplicated in its current version, the source page must be saved. This means that if you make changes to an item and copy this, the old saved state will be duplicated Dynamic loading is currently not possible. Means no AJAX. When pasting, the target page is saved completely No support for nested repeater items. Currently only first level items can be duplicated. Means a repeater field in a repeater field cannot be duplicated. Workaround: simply duplicate the parent item Dynamic reloading and adding of repeater items cannot be registered. Several interfaces and events from the core are missing. The initialization occurs only once after the page load event Changelog
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in live synchronization Bug fix: Items are no longer inserted when the normal save button is clicked. Only when the past button is explicitly clicked Feature: Support of multiple repeater fields in one page Feature: Support of repeater Min/Max settings Feature: Configurable roles and fields Enhancement: Improved clipboard management Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos #1 1.0.3
      Feature: Live synchronization Enhancement: Load the module only in the backend Enhancement: Documentation improvement 1.0.2
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in JS functions Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos 1.0.1
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in the duplication process 1.0.0
      Initial release Support this module
      If this module is useful for you, I am very thankful for your small donation: Donate 5,- Euro (via PayPal – or an amount of your choice. Thank you!)
      Download this module
      > Github: https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      > PW module directory: – soon –
    • By NorbertH
      Is there a hook to do something right after cloning a page ?
      I want the page to be saved right after cloning it either from the button in the tree or from a lister, because saving the page triggers several calculations that are not triggered by just cloning the page.

Thanks in advance !
    • By John W.
      Question 1
      I recently installed PW 3.0.62 for a new site and also have sites running older version of PW 3.x.
      Can I export the database on an older version of PW 3.x and import it to PW 3.0.62 without any issues?

Question 2
      (This is kind of alternative to the above for long term use - and maybe a better solution...)
      On  the sites I've previously built I have templates (home, basic-page, contact) and fields that I commonly use, such as business_name, phone_1.  The last site I built is running PW 3.0.42.  I was considering cloning this into a local site and running the upgrade module to bring it up to PW 3.0.62. From there on out when I start I new project I could just run the PW upgrade module, copy the folder to the location for the new project and duplicate the database using the new projects name.

So basically, I'll always keep a "blank slate" site that I can just run the PW upgrade on, then duplicate into a new project. This would cut down on the work and time spent having to re-create these common fields, that I use. From there, I would just add fields, templates, etc, specific for the new website project.

Is this a sound approach to speed up development?