☁️ Duplicator: Backup and move sites

flydev

11 minutes ago, flydev said:

Answering from my mobile.

Good catch ! I will update the module with  your patch, we need now to alert the user that some files are not resdable and thus excluded from the zip. Thanks again @theo!

Yes, it took a while. I had the idea before, but was using "file_exists" which is not enough. The file has to be readable.

It's all fine now. The files were some hidden ".directory" files, which for a reason were not readable for the webserver.

These were blocking the entire zip building process.

Thank you.

• Like 1

There is another little problem. I guess it has to do with mod_userdir.

If you go to the package manager page and delete a package (trashcan), the item will be deleted but you will get redirected to an invalid URL.

Sort of:

/~theo/mysite/~theomysiteprocesswire/setup/duplicator/?action=none

Thank you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flydev said:

I just installed a fresh XAMP on a Windows machine for a test and everything worked there. (XAMP and the bitnami PW module)

Are you running the last version of Duplicator (1.1.5) ?

When you say briefly, did you mean "instantly" ? if yes,  it can be the problem that @theo encountered which is fixed in the 1.1.5.

Please let me know, thanks you.

I think it is the same problem (I read the rest of the thread). Updating made progress but then I was getting the same error as @theo. I'm a beginner with processwire so I will let you two hash things out and try to update again in a few days. 

• Like 3

@flydev

"Delete All" seems OK, but I was talking about the trashcans.

<button id="deletePackages" class="ui-button ui-widget ui-corner-all ui-state-default" name="deletePackages" value="Delete All" type="button" data-action="http://localhost/~theo/mysite/processwire/setup/duplicator/?action=deleteAll"><span class="ui-button-text"><i class="fa fa-trash"></i> Delete All</span></button>

Trashcan is wrong:

<a href="?action=delete&file=2017-12-07_15-22-42-localhost.package.zip" class="trashTrigger" data-action="http://localhost/~theo/mysite/~theomysiteprocesswire/setup/duplicator/?action=none"><i class="fa fa-trash"></i></a>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read you too fast!  Ok yes I forgot to update this link! :-[

Will fix it in 1.1.6 - Thanks theo !

@msavard and did you tried the 1.1.5 if it solve your issue ?

Also a small tip for you in case you're not aware. You can use this module - ProcessWireUpgrade - and update the module you want in one click.

Edited by flydev
tip
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, flydev said:

I just built a package successfully on 1&1

Also cool :)

Luckily I moved the site to a speedy VPS and the 1&1 account is cancelled. Since I prefer DropBox it would be great to be able to use the module for remote backups too.

I have my own shared hosting account but that is a lot better one than 1&1's shoddy service. Anyway, I will test the current version with my account this weekend.

Edited by szabesz
missing words
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacmaes said:

I've uploaded the "Duplicator-SDKs" folder via FTP into the "Duplicator" folder

As the readme say, you have to only upload/merge the SDKs folder which reside inside the Duplicator-SDKs folder.

After downloading and opening the Duplicator-SDKs ZIP archive, you have this tree :

paths.png.9f9a22641ea03deb30ae958f307e527a.png

• Like 2

Sorry, I should have checked the docs first. I'm getting the following error with Google Drive:

Error: Call to undefined function GuzzleHttp\Handler\curl_reset() (line 78 of /home/mydomain/public_html/site/site/modules/Duplicator/SDKs/google-api-php-client-2.2.0/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Handler/CurlFactory.php)

This site is hosted on a cheap, shared Godaddy account by the way.

Good ! 

and for the GoDaddy host then, you have to upgrade PHP through CPanel to at least PHP 5.6 and "maybe" it will work :)

I say maybe because as crappy shared host, you will may encounter timeout issue there. If you upgrade your host and test Duplicator on it, let me know if you managed to build a package successfully. Thanks!

• Like 1

What could go wrong, if I tried Duplicator already on two PW installs (both 3.0.81 or thereabouts), both on a Windows machine (local) + remote (*nix), but nothing happens?

I chose the default settings + LazyCron.

Checked the error logs also - nothing.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2017 at 2:18 PM, szabesz said:

Anyway, I will test the current version with my account this weekend.

@flydev Here come my findings:

I installed Duplicator on my shared hosting account and also on a VPS and there are no timeout issues but I have noticed the following:
- Package Manager's Support button is not liked to https://processwire.com/talk/topic/15345-duplicator-backup-and-move-sites/
- Similarly, lots of module developers also link to the support forum thread and the Module Directory page in the modules's More Information block. Currently it links to https://processwire.com which is not too useful
- Package Manager has two buttons: Settings, Support. What about a "Clear Log" button as well? It would clear the Duplicator log file.
- until DropBox support is back once more, you might want to update the first post of this thread where it says "Implemented"

I use the built in cron.php and it works for me.

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 2

Thanks @szabesz!

- About the links, Its actually updated in the next version

- ProcessDuplicator will have a "clear logs" button and a "downloads logs" button as the logging mechanism has changed a bit in the new version

@dragan there is nothing wrong, I just made a mistake. give me two minutes :)

• Like 3