Upgrade 2x -> 3.x config.php file

formmailer

Hi all!

I upgraded my site from version 2.x to 3.x. The process has been quite more difficult than it used to be (mainly because of some third party modules, but I finally managed it. :)

One question I have is, the config.php file. Are there some recommended changes I should do in this file? The config.php file in the example sites do not help so much because the installer will complete the file on installation.

Thanks in advance!

/Jasper

Okay, thanks!

Just one more question, I have some modules running that are for version 2.x, but they still seem to work.
Of course these are not using the Processwire namespace. Is this a problem? And is it okay to have these modules on a 3.x site?

/Jasper

2 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Seems you've been away for a while :P:). That's what the file compiler is for. It allows version 2.x modules to run in version 3.x.

Oops! :)

Yes, you are right. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do much with PW for quite a long time, and didn't really follow how PW has developed/changed.  The site(s) are running just fine, like always.  
But now I wanted to make sure that everything was up-to-date and I decided to upgrade.

/Jasper