CKEditor Confusion on Deleting Text

vwatson

Let's say I have an H2 element followed by a paragraph tag.

Heading

some paragraph text...

When I delete the heading text, the following paragraph takes on the heading style, as that h tag is not removed from the editor. 

I've tried deleting the heading first, and leaving the heading and backspacing over it from the paragraph, but no matter how I do it, the paragraph turns into an h tag. :(

This is for a township site. I want to make this as easy as possible for whoever will be editing this when I'm finished. The only way I can fix it now is to go into the source code and switch the h tag to a p tag - really not something I want to have them doing!

20 minutes ago, vwatson said:

Oh, yeah, thanks. Why didn't I think of that? :) 

Seems like a bug in the editor. Surprising that it hasn't been corrected.

This sort of thing has been an issue for RTEs forever which is why whenever possible I separate headings into their own field and remove the option for users to style the text (except for bold, italics and inserting special characters and maybe sub and superscript for some sites). I know this isn't always possible, but it's always my preference.

23 hours ago, adrian said:

I separate headings into their own field and remove the option for users to style the text 

This is a remake of an old site, and they have a lot of articles that have subheadings down throughout the content. I style the main headings in the code, but don't see an easy way to style sporadic additional headings the same way. 

And I was using Chrome. I'll try other browsers and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, vwatson said:

This is a remake of an old site, and they have a lot of articles that have subheadings down throughout the content. I style the main headings in the code, but don't see an easy way to style sporadic additional headings the same way. 

And I was using Chrome. I'll try other browsers and see what happens.

Agreed it's not really always possible. RepeaterMatrix or even PageTable fields make it possible, but there is always some sort of trade-off :)