How did you make a blog / news section?

benbyf

Just wondering if there was an easy way to create a new template that acts as the parent or input page for a stream of articles instead of single pages?

I'm looking to incorperate NEWS sections across several sites which need to be update regurally.

Thanks

You can make a template (and it's corresponding page or pages) do just about anything. But I think we need more technical details about what you are working with, because I'm not sure that I totally understand your question?

Thanks,

Ryan

Im used to Wolf CMS and Wordpress

Wordpress creates articles that can then be read out in different ways, where as Wolf creating different child pages that are then printed out by its parent (if thats how you've do it etc), just wondered if there was a way someone had already done to create a article structure, or am i just dealing with lots and lots of child pages again??? (say you have 20 -100 articles things can get quite bulky in the backend)

ProcessWire works in both of the ways that you described for Wordpress and Wolf CMS. By default, each page has a parent, but that is just one of many ways you can retrieve them from the API. For example, you could retrieve all pages using the "news" template, regardless of where it was in the site, by using this API command:

$items = $pages->find("template=news");

20-100 articles on the back end is not going to get bulky. ProcessWire is designed to deal with tens of thousands of pages (or more) on the back end. I think you will find it can scale better than WordPress in that respect. Though I don't have enough experience with Wolf CMS to make any comparisons with that product.