kongondo

Backend and Frontend Shop Catalogue for PadLoper

Hi all. For a while now been wondering how many would be interested in a backend and frontend shop catalogue built on top of PadLoper? I've previously spoken to @apeisa about this and his take is that there are no plans to develop PadLoper in this direction but he's happy to support such efforts.

The gist of the backend shop catalogue is to provide one place (think ProcessModule) where you can manage your PadLoper products - add, edit, delete, track sales, etc without having to set up the underlying structure yourself. The frontend would be like a shop/webstore profile, a frontend cart basically, that's customisable. The shop would be 100% powered by PadLoper. This means that to use the 'shop catalogue' would require that PadLoper is installed.

These are just loose ideas at the moment for a pro module. This might or might not see the light of day depending on feedback. Anyway, would love to hear thoughts, thanks.

• Like 15

Hi Kongondo,

I'm interested, although I have not used PadLoper yet, I might  want to use it when time comes to get rid of any of "my Woo shops". Not in the near future though.

• Like 1

May be starting with something small

like a subscription service.

Then making things a little more complex
like a T shirt shop.

Then a more complex one with features similar to woocommerce
or something like that.

I think is a wonderful idea. :)

• Like 3

yes kongondo i realy need this! i believe this is what many customers need and is going to be the next big step! please let me know if you develop this module.

• Like 1

Just do it Kongondo!

I would have bought it directly. It would have saved me a lot of time for the project I'm going to work.

• Like 2

That is a super idea Kongondo! I hope you find the time to do it.

Padloper is great, but like Ryan, is taking time to develop the new PW themes.  If there were premium modules, a default theme, a customer area, that would probably boost padlopers sales.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nfil said:

the new PW themes

@kongondo That reminds me: maybe you also want to go the "markup regions + UIkit" way so that it will be customizable in ways that are already documented and quite powerful.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2017 at 9:21 AM, kongondo said:

Hi all. For a while now been wondering how many would be interested in a backend and frontend shop catalogue built on top of PadLoper? I've previously spoken to @apeisa about this and his take is that there are no plans to develop PadLoper in this direction but he's happy to support such efforts.

The gist of the backend shop catalogue is to provide one place (think ProcessModule) where you can manage your PadLoper products - add, edit, delete, track sales, etc without having to set up the underlying structure yourself. The frontend would be like a shop/webstore profile, a frontend cart basically, that's customisable. The shop would be 100% powered by PadLoper. This means that to use the 'shop catalogue' would require that PadLoper is installed.

These are just loose ideas at the moment for a pro module. This might or might not see the light of day depending on feedback. Anyway, would love to hear thoughts, thanks.

I hope you seriously get this working.  I would gladly support a commercial module with the feature set listed.  Good luck, as always.

• Like 3

Sounds really good. Would happily purchase. The backend being pre-done is much more interesting to me than the having a front end template.

• Like 2

This is now going to happen as part of Padloper itself! :-). Cross-referencing with the relevant thread. 

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/19912-future-of-padloper-new-project-lead-announcement/

• Like 3