Backend and Frontend Shop Catalogue for PadLoper

kongondo

Hi all. For a while now been wondering how many would be interested in a backend and frontend shop catalogue built on top of PadLoper? I've previously spoken to @apeisa about this and his take is that there are no plans to develop PadLoper in this direction but he's happy to support such efforts.

The gist of the backend shop catalogue is to provide one place (think ProcessModule) where you can manage your PadLoper products - add, edit, delete, track sales, etc without having to set up the underlying structure yourself. The frontend would be like a shop/webstore profile, a frontend cart basically, that's customisable. The shop would be 100% powered by PadLoper. This means that to use the 'shop catalogue' would require that PadLoper is installed.

These are just loose ideas at the moment for a pro module. This might or might not see the light of day depending on feedback. Anyway, would love to hear thoughts, thanks.

• Like 15

May be starting with something small

like a subscription service.

Then making things a little more complex
like a T shirt shop.

Then a more complex one with features similar to woocommerce
or something like that.

I think is a wonderful idea. :)

• Like 3

That is a super idea Kongondo! I hope you find the time to do it.

Padloper is great, but like Ryan, is taking time to develop the new PW themes.  If there were premium modules, a default theme, a customer area, that would probably boost padlopers sales.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2017 at 9:21 AM, kongondo said:

Hi all. For a while now been wondering how many would be interested in a backend and frontend shop catalogue built on top of PadLoper? I've previously spoken to @apeisa about this and his take is that there are no plans to develop PadLoper in this direction but he's happy to support such efforts.

The gist of the backend shop catalogue is to provide one place (think ProcessModule) where you can manage your PadLoper products - add, edit, delete, track sales, etc without having to set up the underlying structure yourself. The frontend would be like a shop/webstore profile, a frontend cart basically, that's customisable. The shop would be 100% powered by PadLoper. This means that to use the 'shop catalogue' would require that PadLoper is installed.

These are just loose ideas at the moment for a pro module. This might or might not see the light of day depending on feedback. Anyway, would love to hear thoughts, thanks.

I hope you seriously get this working.  I would gladly support a commercial module with the feature set listed.  Good luck, as always.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...