godmok

Link to user profile page from CKEditor field

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a member site where I put a link in CKEditor field thatshould go to a users profile page. The profile page is a site with one urlSegment, that contains the name of the user from the admin.

The structure looks like this:

-profiles
--username (urlSegment)
-some page (CKEditor field with a link to /profiles/username)
-admin (PW admin area)
--users
---username (user profile)

So "some page" has a CKEditor field with a link to a profile page. Now the problem is, that this link source is always changed to the admin path and not the profiles (with urlSegment). A guest user can not look into this. Can this be deactivated, or is it wanted to work like this?

My solution now is to create an additional page under "profiles" that is linked by a pagefield in the user profile. So a Link will always link to the "real" page under "profiles". Could there be a easier solution than creating an extra page as there is already one under admin but still let the links in CKEditor untouched?

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By prestoav
      Hi all and thanks for the great work on PW!

One thing I find I have to do on any new site is add the Justify plugin to textarea fields as it is such a widely required feature for text headings in content.

ANy chance this could be added to the core an automatically be installed on new textarea fields using CKEditor?

Thank you!
    • By AndréPortuga
      Does anyone knows if there is a way of selecting a iframe inside a textfield(using ckEditor)? 
      I mean I have a Iframe with this code:
      <iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" scrolling="no" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PMaFJjZDrYM" width="100%"></iframe></p>

but it's not getting responsive in iPhones.. So anyone know how can I select it via code for making it responsive?

Thank you,
    • By dragan
      On one particular site, CKEditor behaves rather weird:
      When I copy and paste "normally", i.e. CTRL + V, there is an alert popping up "do you really want to leave this page?". If you cancel, the text is pasted into the field. If not, you get redirected to the frontend of the page you just edited, and the changes are lost.
      The "paste from Word" button doesn't work. CTRL + SHIFT + V works, but all formatting is lost (apart from paragraphs).
      I'm using inline editor mode, ACF + Purifier are activated. I know that if I disable those two, CTRL + V works, but I won't do that, since CKE then saves all the garbage code from MS-Office.
      Has anyone ever come across this issue? I tried with Chrome + FF. No JS errors.
    • By AndZyk
      Hello,
      I am currently building a intranet which will be hosted on the local network of a company. This intranet has many links to files on their fileserver with the protocol file://.
      So for example the links look like this file://domain.tld/filename.ext
      When I try to insert such a link into a URL field, I get the error, that only the protocol http:// is allowed. When I try to insert such a link into a CKEeditor link, it gets stripped out. Is it possible to insert such links into the FieldType URL and CKEditor.
      I know that I could use a FieldType Text or insert a RewriteRule in the .htaccess file, but I am looking for a more elegant solution. 😉
      Regards, Andreas
    • By prestoav
      Hi folks.
      I'm building a Formbuilder form to create new advert pages in a marketplace. Formbuilder is ideal for this. I need to add a description field that allows text to be added with line breaks etc. so showing a CKEditor field would be ideal (i.e. exactly like the field I'm typing into right now)!.
      Does anyone know if it's possible to add a CKEditor field to the front end presentation fo a Formbuilder field, maybe via a module or such?
      Many thanks!