jsantari

Adding an ajax api custom route

Trying to do some ajax calls to an api  named somedomain.com/xapi/index.php using intercoolerjs in my home page. I'm trying to make calls like this in intercoolerjs. somedomain.com/xapi/controller/method. Looked through a bunch of the posts but nothing seems to match what I am trying to do. Is there a change I can make to the htaccess file  to get this to work? Anyone have a suggestion on this or is there a better way to handle the api?

I looked at some of the posts on that module and it's not what I'm looking for. I can handle the intercoolerjs side fine. I've done a few small projects with it using mysql & slim as the route handler. I can use a simple template in PW like api.php and call url's like somedomain.com/api/?c=controller&m=method but then intercoolerjs can't take advantage of the dependency system. Basically what I'd like is to just be able to route to the subfolder with PW getting out of the way. I can bootstrap PW at that point and do what I want.

Do you mean that the PW htaccess is disallowing access to your PHP file (you are getting the 404 page)?

PW blocks direct access to PHP files inside /site/ but you should be able to access it inside the root, e.g.

/api.php

...or...

/xapi/index.php

Can you explain a bit more why ProcessWire does get in the way of this dependency support? I mean your api could still map to paths using urlSegments.

@Robin SIt will go to api.php when that was setup as a template for the page /api. I did figure out that PHP files don't work in /site/ and I moved it to /xapi below root. I can access it now and just figured out how to get what I wanted.

@LostKobrakaiMoving it outside of /site/ as mentioned above got it working with parameters but still didn't get me the ability to use segments. Was able to get that working by adding a rewrite rule in the PW .htaccess. Don't see any other way to get it to work so that will need to go into any updated .htaccess I use down the road.

On 13.1.2017 at 7:23 PM, jsantari said:

I'm trying to make calls like this in intercoolerjs. somedomain.com/xapi/controller/method.

Do you mean...  you want handle the request/url in your template (controller) and take the url segment (method) and map it to a corresponding method in a class of your template?

...like Codeigniter Framework has it? url/xxx/yyy/zzz calls method yyy in controller xxx with zzz as argument?  Or do you just don´t know how to use url segments?

here this guy uses this kind of url segments...

On 1/13/2017 at 7:23 PM, jsantari said:

I'm trying to make calls like this in intercoolerjs. somedomain.com/xapi/controller/method

Also:

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ICF Church
      Hi 👋
      Anyone else having this problem?
      Requirements:
      - Repeater (matrix & normal) with mutlilanguage fields (text, textarea…) 
      - Backend language set to something other than default (ie. German) 
      Reproduce:
      - Add a new repeater Item (ajax, I found no way to possible to disable it with matrix)

(Notice how the default language tab is active instead of the backend language…)
      - Write something into the (default language) field
      - Try to save, if field is required, this will not work. If not required, then when reloading, the content will be inside the backend language field, instead of the default language field who was (presumably) active
      Analysis:
      When  loading  a new repeater element with ajax, the default langue tab is active, but the backend language inputfield is visible (with no visual indication). When writing into the field, it will populate the backend language. When manually clicking on the default language tab (which is already active), the field will switch to the actual default language field (which is [now] empty) (that can now be populated…)
      Also Notice, the labels of the elements to be added are in default language as well instead of the translated label (images instead of Bilder)…
      ProcessWire 3.0.148, Profields 0.0.5…
      Is it my system configuration, or does anyone else have the same issue? This is a screen recording of the problem:
      Issue: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/1179

Screen Recording 2020-02-25 at 14.18.31.mov
    • By Peter Knight
      Hi all
      My .htaccess file is correctly redirecting all requests to
      https:// www. That's great until I want to work locally.
      I thought I had seen a blog post by Ryan where there was a new config setting to ignore both of these if working from localhost?
      I can't find it now so wondering if I was imagining 😕

• By michelangelo
      Hello there,
      I am building my website, which has a dozen projects with 10 images each. Basically, I need a filtering system but built in the most efficient and user-friendly way. You can see below that the images flow sideways so being hidden, JS lazy loading was a good tool, but I just wanted to try AJAX. Is it fit for this purpose or it's more for dynamic content?

• By louisstephens
      I have been messing around with creating pages from ajax requests, and it has gone swimmingly thus far. However, I am really struggling with creating a page and saving an image via ajax. 
      The form:
      <form action="./" role="form" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"> <div> <input type="text" id="preview" name="preview" placeholder="Image Title"> </div> <div> <input type="file" id="preview-name" name="preview-name"> </div> <div> <select id="select-tags" name="select-tags"> <?php $tags = $pages->find("template=tag"); ?> <option value="">Select Your Tags</option> <?php foreach ($tags as $tag) : ?> <option value="<?= $tag->name; ?>"><?= $tag->name; ?></option> <?php endforeach; ?> </select> </div> <div> <button type="button" id="submit-preview" name="submit" class="">Upload Images</button> </div> </form>  
      The ajax in my home template:
      $('#submit-preview').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); title = $("#preview").val(); image = $("input[name=preview-name]"); console.log(title); console.log(image); data = { title: title, image: image //not sure if this is actually needed }; $.ajax({ type: 'POST', data: data, url: '/development/upload-preview/', success: function(data) { console.log("Woo"); }, error: function(xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError) { alert(xhr.responseText); } }); }); And finally in my ajax template:
      $imagePath = $config->paths->assets . "files/pdfs/"; //was from an older iteration $title = $sanitizer->text($_POST['title']); $image = $sanitizer->text($_POST['image']); $p = new Page(); $p->template = "preview"; $p->parent = $pages->get("/previews/"); $p->name = $title; $p->title = $title; $p->save(); $p->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('preview_image'); $u->setMaxFiles(1); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($p->preview_image->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $p->preview_image->add($filename); } $p->save(); I can complete the file upload but just using a simple post to the same page and it it works well, but I was really trying to work out the ajax on this so I could utilize some modals for success on creation (and to keep my templates a little cleaner). When I do run the code I have, a new/blank folder is created under assets, and a new page is created with the correct title entered. However, no image is being processed. I do get a 200 status in my console. I have searched google for help, but everything seems to be slightly off from my needs. If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. 
    • By louisstephens
      So I am using ajax to upload an image, but I am getting the error "Method WireUpload:: save does not exist or is not callable". I am not quite sure how to go about fixing this (at the moment).
      elseif($config->ajax && $input->urlSegment1 == "upload-preview") { $u = $config->paths->assets . "files/pdfs/"; $title = $sanitizer->text($_POST['title']); $p = new Page(); $p->template = "preview"; $p->parent = $pages->get("/previews/"); $p->name = $title; $p->title = $title; $p->save(); $p->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('preview_image'); $u->setMaxFiles(1); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($p->preview_image->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $p->preview_image->add($filename); } $u->save(); } I compared my code to something I did previously (though previously I just posted to the current template file, not through ajax) which works, but this doesnt seem to be working. I have the _init.php file prepending as well. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening?