SimpleMDE Markdown Editor

abdus

Processwire SimpleMDE Markdown Editor

A module that integrates SimpleMDE Markdown editor to Processwire.

Screenshot

2017-01-12 17_32_42-Edit Page_ About • pw.dev.png

Features

• Very simple and elegant design.
  • Shortcuts!
  • Displays raw markdown markup or rendered output.
  • Uses Github Flavored Markdown for displaying rendered HTML.
  • Ability to use monospaced font, syntax highlighting or custom configuration for the editor.

Installation

• Add module to /site/modules/ and then install.
    Or go to Modules > Install > Add New and use any of the options provided to to install.
  • Install these recommended modules for a frictionless experience:
    Parsedown Extra module to render Markdown Extra into HTML
    Image Markup to use image fields in Markdown inputs.

Links

https://github.com/abdusco/pw-simplemde-editor

What @LostKobrakai said.

There are no hard and fast rules about such a situation. However, it is usually best to send a PR to the author of an existing module in case you believe your module offers some missing features, unless that existing module is not being actively maintained (in which case it could be forked and re-worked, anyway). The idea is not another WordPress please :P, if you get my drift. Quality over quantity is the mantra, However, there is no official position on this. The final decision is yours :). Whatever you decide, thanks for your contribution. Looking forward to more :).

Edited by kongondo

3 minutes ago, kongondo said:

What @LostKobrakai said.

There are no hard and fast rules about such a situation. However, it is usually best to send a PR to the author of an existing module in case you believe your module offers some missing features, unless that existing module is not being actively maintained (in which case it could be forked and re-worked, anyway). The idea is not another WordPress please :P, if you get my drift. Quality over quantity is the mantra, However, there is no official position on this. The final decision is yours :). Whatever you decide, thanks for your contribution. Looking forward to more :).

Thanks for the response, I'll check out @Macrura's work, and try to improve that instead. It is frustrating to find out you've wasted half a day, but I've learned a lot on module creation, so that's a plus.

• Like 7