Structure question : fieldtypepage vs fields relations

cyberderf

Or both? ;)

I know that pages relations is pretty much supported in processwire. But I am wondering if just going for parent-child in creating my content is ok for my needs because my content is hierarchical.  I have 3 major entities in my project. It looks pretty much like this:

Phone companies > Services type (phone plan, internet plan, tv plans) > Plans for each service (starter, intermediate, advanced)

The most critical part of the site will be to display plans according to options choosed in a filter. There will be a lot of options according to fields! There will be a page with all companies listing and each of them will have pages with there plans and services too.

According to my needs, should I add page relation fields to them tor just makes pages in a hierarchical parent-child way?

Service types will be almost the same under each company. So to keep it DRY I would not place this in a tree structure. Plus you need the ability to make api calls for filter functionality - Page Field will probably be better for it. Tree structure seems to be easier for admin management (unless you plan to use Lister Pro module). So I can propose doing it in a mix: put plans under company, make a service type Page Field for plan.

• Like 2