Image uploading broke in Safari?

sn4ke

Hello together,

is there any known bug with Safari (on Mac) and the HTML5 image uploading? Somehow the "drag'n'drop" feature does not work properly - The "drag and drop files in here" text does not appear at the bottom - So I guess it's switched off completely? No problems with firefox and chrome by the way :)

Oh and thanks a lot for this really great CMS! I recently launched sn4ke.de

You can drag &drop files on the actual input field in safari, then it does work ( but you have to save the page to upload )

Thanks Martijn, I figured that out - But what's wrong with the drag'n'drop feature?

The Safari browser is based on the webkit engine, just as chrome. So what's wrong?

Hi Soma,

it does not work - It says "File API & FileReader API not supported".

I think my question is answered then... Too bad though. I'll just use chrome then ;)

Thanks guys!

EDIT

Thanks Martijn :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I know it is possible to get drag and drop uploads work in safari - not sure how (since File and Filereader APIs are not supported). After we did build the d&d implementation with Ryan it just felt that "well, Safari will support it soon enough". But it seems Safari doesn't get that much love, since that was about year ago or what when we implemented the drag and drop?

I keep up to date with Safari on my mac, but I think Apple has lost interest in it as browser outside of iOS. Chrome is pretty much better in every way. There doesn't seem to be a reason to use Safari anymore in OS X. Since File/FileReader aren't apparently applicable to iOS, my guess is that Apple doesn't care about it.

I keep up to date with Safari on my mac, but I think Apple has lost interest in it as browser outside of iOS. Chrome is pretty much better in every way. There doesn't seem to be a reason to use Safari anymore in OS X. Since File/FileReader aren't apparently applicable to iOS, my guess is that Apple doesn't care about it.

Hi Ryan, thanks for your message!

I was just asking because a future client of mine is a hardcore Mac user and needs everything "extra easy" ... But I think it's no problem - It was just a "nice to have" feature.