FrancisChung

Page URL & HttpUrl - Is it stored in the Backend?

Hi there,

I was wondering if page->url and page->httpUrl are stored anywhere in the backend? 

I haven't been able to locate it so I'm beginning to think these are generated or calculated on the fly?

Thanks in advance

When you request $page->url, ProcessWire generates it on the fly, kind of: it's a combination of $config->urls->root and the path of current page. Root URL is defined when the system is started, and $page->path is constructed from the names of parent pages.

Similarly $page->httpUrl is a combination of protocol, hostname and $page->url :)

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stanoliver
      Hi! 
      The following code snippet is part of my markup simple navigation and the url_redirect (url field in the backend) just works fine when I put an special custom url into the url_redirect field.
      <?php $nav = $modules->get("MarkupSimpleNavigation"); // topnav $current = $page->rootParent(); // current root page // subnav echo $nav->render(array( 'max_levels' => 2, 'item_tpl' => '<h4><a class="g8-bar-item g8-hover-black" href="{url_redirect|url}">{title}</a></h4><hr class="sidenav">', 'collapsed' => true, ), $page, $current); ?>  In my seperated breadcrumb navigation I use the following code snippet
      <?php foreach($page->parents()->append($page) as $parent) { echo "<li><a href='{$parent->url_redirect|url}'>{$parent->title}</a></li>"; } ?> Now to the problem: In my first code snippet above the
      url_redirect|url 
      works just fine but when I try something similiar in the second code snippet
      $parent->url_redirect|url
      I produce an server error How do I have to change the second code snippet so that it works in the correct way as the first code snippet does?
    • By DooM
      Hello guys,
      I'm trying to figure out how to sync fields and templates between staging and production environments.
      I've found Migrations module by Lostkobrakai, but with use of it all the fields and templates must be created by API, which is kind of uncomfortable.
      I also tried ProcessDatabaseBackups module which can export only certain tables, but I don't think it's the best practice to do that.
      How do you guys solve this problem? It's very annoying to setup everything three times (dev, staging, production).
      Thanks a lot :)
    • By schwarzdesign
      We recently rebuilt the Architekturführer Köln (architectural guide Cologne) as a mobile-first JavaScript web app, powered by VueJS in the frontend and ProcessWire in the backend. Concept, design and implementation by schwarzdesign!
      The Architekturführer Köln is a guidebook and now a web application about architectural highlights in Cologne, Germany. It contains detailled information about around 100 objects (architectural landmarks) in Cologne. The web app offers multiple ways to search through all available objects, including:
      An interactive live map A list of object near the user's location Filtering based on architect, district and category Favourites saved by the user The frontend is written entirely in JavaScript, with the data coming from a ProcessWire-powered API-first backend.
      Frontend
      The app is built with the Vue framework and compiled with Webpack 4. As a learning exercise and for greater customizability we opted to not use Vue CLI, and instead wrote our own Webpack config with individually defined dependencies.
      The site is a SPA (Single Page Application), which means all internal links are intercepted by the Vue app and the corresponding routes (pages) are generated by the framework directly in the browser, using data retrieved from the API. It's also a PWA (Progressive Web App), the main feature of which is that you can install it to your home screen on your phone and launch it from there like a regular app. It also includes a service worker which catches requests to the API and returns cached responses when the network is not available. The Architekturführer is supposed to be taken with you on a walk through the city, and will keep working even if you are completely offline.
      Notable mentions from the tech stack:
      Vue Vue Router for the SPA functionality VueX for state management and storage / caching of the data returned through the API Leaflet (with Mapbox tiles) for the interactive maps Webpack 4 for compilation of the app into a single distributable Babel for transpilation of ES6+ SASS & PostCSS with Autoprefixer as a convenience for SASS in SFCs Google Workbox to generate the service worker instead of writing lots of boilerplate code Bootstrap 4 is barely used here, but we still included it's reboot and grid system Backend
      The ProcessWire backend is API-only, there are no server-side rendered templates, which means the only PHP template is the one used for the API. For this API, we used a single content type (template) with a couple of pre-defined endpoints (url segments); most importantly we built entdpoints to get a list of all objects (either including the full data, or only the data necessary to show teaser tiles), as well as individual objects and taxonomies. The API template which acts as a controller contains all the necessary switches and selectors to serve the correct response in <100 lines of code.
      Since we wanted some flexibility regarding the format in which different fields were transmitted over the api, we wrote a function to extract arbitrary page fields from ProcessWire pages and return them as serializable standard objects. There's also a function that takes a Pageimage object, creates multiple variants in different sizes and returns an object containing their base path and an array of variants (identified by their basename and width). We use that one to generate responsive images in the frontend. Check out the code for both functions in this gist.
      We used native ProcessWire data wherever possible, so as to not duplicate that work in the frontend app. For example:
      Page names from the backend translate to URLs in the frontend in the form of route parameters for the Vue Router Page IDs from ProcessWire are included in the API responses, we use those to identify objects across the app, for example to store the user's favourites, and as render keys for object lists Taxonomies have their own API endpoints, and objects contain their taxonomies only as IDs (in the same way ProcessWire uses Page References) Finally, the raw JSON data is cached using the cache API and this handy trick by @LostKobrakai to store raw JSON strings over the cache API.
      Screenshots

• By iipa
      Hi everybody!
      I have been reading about Multisite, but it kinda bugs me that every topic talks about having both admin and database same for multiple sites.
      I have a project where customer tests it by adding content to the site, while I still need to do some changes here and there in code, maybe some in database. If something crashes for a while, customer can't keep testing, which is a bit problematic.
      Is there any way that I could have two separate versions of one site ("production" and development) that share the same database, but are otherwise independent? Just the thought of having to migrate database every time I want to show client something new gives me anxiety 😁