Parsedown Extra Plugin

Mike Rockett

As I mentioned in this issue, I've create a new textformatter for ParsedownExtraPlugin, which adds some oomph to your markdown.

Repo: Parsedown Extra Plugin

Unlike the built-in textformatter for Parsedown and Parsedown Extra, this should be used when you want to use Extra with additional configuration/customisation.

Some examples:

### Test {.heading}

- A [external link](https://google.com/){.google} with `google` as a class that opens in a new tab if the config property is set.
- [Another link](/page){target=_blank} that opens in a new tab even though it isn't external.

```html .html
<p>Test</p>
```

There's some config options available to you, such as setting attributes on all/external images and links, setting table and table-cell alignment classes, adjusting footnote classes and IDs, adding <code> attributes to their parent <pre> elements, and changing the <code> class if your syntax highlighter does not use language-*.

I was thinking about adding the ability to make links open in a new tab by appending a plus to the link syntax, but only external links should be opening in a new tab anyway. Further, this would add extra, unnecessary processing time.

Please let me know if you bump into any problems. ☺️

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...