I'd like to get some general feedback from people using the module. If you have a minute, please share your experiences or issues (even those that are self-resolved, if any). If it's looking stable enough, I'd like to bump to stable v1. If there are issues, please also feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Haven't used it directly in a while, but it is live and running on at least 3 sites and haven't had any troubles with those.

• Like 1

Thanks Macrura :)

I actually see that I'm going to need to bump PHP Typography to 6.x first, which means I'll land up bumping the module version to 0.5 for a little testing. Looks like there's been a cleanup and some new features added, as well as a bunch of hyphenation languages. Will open an issue for that shortly.

Hi,

I currently updating my website, and run with problem with Typographer. I use version 0.4.0 on local 7.0.30-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Strangely I have this problem only in my home page (other pages seems to work), so I guess it's a specific setting but no idea which one. Can you see it?

Thanks!

Mel

image.thumb.png.37385d3f2ca779974653e30c16f8d596.png

Hi @mel47

Seems odd as the vendor directory is included, and autoloaded. I'll need to take a look at this, but I'm afraid I'll only have time to do so this coming weekend. I'll open up an issue on Git in the meantime.

Which version of PW are you running?

Hi @Mike Rockett

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I updated last week to the last dev version 3.105. It should be related to either PW version or PHP version, since on my production website, with the same settings and same data, it works fine.

I was able to delimited to a specific part :

Spoiler

$abstracts = $pages->find("template=publication, categ_publi=1108, limit=4, sort=-year, sort=-date_sort"); // abstract

foreach($abstracts as $c) { 
			$congres[$c->congress] = $c;
	}

<h4 class='title is-4'>
	  	<span class='icon is-medium'><i class='fa fa-globe fa-fw' aria-hidden='true'></i></span>  
		{$abstracts->first()->categ_publi->title}s</h4>
			<div class='columns'>";
				foreach($congres as $c) {
					$content .= "<div class='column'><div class='box'>
					<div class='title is-6'><a href='{$c->url}'>{$c->congress}</a></div>
					<div class='columns is-multiline is-inline-mobile is-centered'>
						<div class='column'>
						<span class='icon'><i class='fa fa-calendar fa-fw' aria-hidden='true'></i></span>
						<p class='is-inline-mobile'>{$c->congress_date} {$c->year}</p>
						</div>
						<div class='column'>
						<span class='icon'><i class='fa fa-map-marker fa-fw' aria-hidden='true'></i></span>
						<p class='is-inline-mobile'>{$c->congress_location}</p>
						</div>
					</div></div></div>";
				} 

I received error for the "congress field". I tried to change the data or even empty, but it didn't change the error. Even deleting "<div class='title is-6'><a href='{$c->url}'>{$c->congress}</a></div>" doesn't help. Everywhere else in the website where it uses this field, I get the same error.

Thanks!

EDIT: I refine more the issue by comparing my different fields, problematic or not. This field have some <sup></sup> (I export data from a other software, and it's difficult to remove them). Could it be the problem? It wasn't in previous version of PW.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bernhard
      WHY?
      This module was built to fill the gap between simple $pages->find() operations and complex SQL queries.
      The problem with $pages->find() is that it loads all pages into memory and that can be a problem when querying multiple thousands of pages. Even $pages->findMany() loads all pages into memory and therefore is a lot slower than regular SQL.
      The problem with SQL on the other hand is, that the queries are quite complex to build. All fields are separate tables, some repeatable fields use multiple rows for their content that belong to only one single page, you always need to check for the page status (which is not necessary on regular find() operations and therefore nobody is used to that).
      In short: It is far too much work to efficiently and easily get an array of data based on PW pages and fields and I need that a lot for my RockGrid module to build all kinds of tabular data.

Basic Usage

Docs & Download
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/rock-finder/
      https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockFinder/tree/master

Changelog
      180817, v1.0.6, support for joining multiple finders 180810, v1.0.5, basic support for options fields 180528, v1.0.4, add custom select statement option 180516, change sql query method, bump version to 1.0.0 180515, multilang bugfix 180513, beta release <180513, preview/discussion took place here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/18983-rocksqlfinder-highly-efficient-and-flexible-sql-finder-module/
    • By OLSA
      Hello for all,
      ConfigurationForm fieldtype module is one my experiment from 2016.
      Main target to build this module was to store multiple setup and configuration values in just 1 field and avoid to use 1 db table to store just single "number of items on page", or another db table to store "layout type" etc. Thanks to JSON formatted storage this module can help you to reduce number of PW native fields in project, save DB space, and reduce number of queries at front-end.
      Install and setup:
      Download (at the bottom ), unzip and install like any other PW module (site/modules/...). Create some filed using this type of field (ConfigurationForm Fieldtype) Go to field setup Input tab and drag some subfields to container area (demo). Set "Name" and other params for subfields Save and place field to templates ("Action tab") How to use it:
      In my case, I use it to store setup and configurations values, but also for contact details, small content blocks... (eg. "widgets").
      Basic usage example:
      ConfigForm fieldtype "setup" has subfields:
      "limit", type select, option values: 5, 10, 15, 20
      "sort", type select, option values: "-date", "date",  "-sort", "sort"
      // get page children (items) $limit = isset($page->setup->limit) ? $page->setup->limit : 10; $sort = isset($page->setup->sort) ? $page->setup->sort : '-sort'; $items = $page->children("limit=$limit, sort=$sort");  
      Screenshots:

Notes:
      Provide option to search inside subfields Provide multilanguage inputs for text and textarea field types Provide option for different field layout per-template basis Do not place/use field type "Button" or "File input" because it won't works. Please read README file for more details and examples Module use JSON format to store values. Text and textarea field types are multilanguage compatible, but please note that main target for this module was to store setup values and small content blocks and save DB space. Search part inside JSON is still a relatively new in MySQL (>=5.77) and that's on you how and for what to use this module.
      Initial point for this fieldtype was jQuery plugin FormBuiled and thanks to Kevin Chappel for this plugin.
      In field type "link" I use javascript part from @marcostoll module and thanks to him for that part.
      Download:
      FieldtypeConfigForm.zip
      Edit: 14. August 2018. please delete/uninstall previously downloaded zip
      Regards.

• By bernhard
      @Sergio asked about the pdf creation process in the showcase thread about my 360° feedback/survey tool and so I went ahead and set my little pdf helper module to public.
      Description from PW Weekly:

Modules Directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/rock-pdf/
      Download & Docs: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockPdf

You can combine it easily with RockReplacer: 
      See also a little showcase of the RockPdf module in this thread:

• By Thomas Diroll
      Hi guys I'm relatively new to PW and just finished developing a page for a client. I was able to include all necessary functionality using the core fieldtypes but now I it seems that I need to extend them with a custom one. What I need is a simple button, that copies the absolute url (frontend not PW-backend) of the page which is currently edited to the clipboard. As this feature is only needed inside a specific template, I tend to use a custom fieldtype which provides this feature. I've been looking inside the core modules code (eg. FieldtypeCheckbox.module) but I don't really get the structure of it and how its rendered to the admin page. I also didn't find a lot of tutorials covering custom fieldtypes.
      Maybe some of you could give me some tips on how to write a basic custom fieldtype that renders a button which copies the value of
      page->httpUrl() to the clipboard using JS. Thanks!
    • By bernhard
      Some of you might have followed the development of this module here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/15524-previewdiscussion-rockdatatables/ . It is the successor of "RockDataTables" and requires RockFinder to get the data for the grid easily and efficiently. It uses the open source part of agGrid for grid rendering.

WHY?
      ProcessWire is awesome for creating all kinds of custom backend applications, but where it is not so awesome in my opinion is when it comes to listing this data. Of course we have the built in page lister and we have ListerPro, but none of that solutions is capable of properly displaying large amounts of data, for example lists of revenues, aggregations, quick and easy sorts by the user, instant filter and those kind of features. RockGrid to the rescue 😉 

Features/Highlights:
      100k+ rows Instant (client side) filter, search, sort (different sort based on data type, eg "lower/greater than" for numbers, "contains" for strings) extendable via plugins (available plugins at the moment: fullscreen, csv export, reload, batch-processing of data, column sum/statistics, row selection) all the agGrid features (cell renderers, cell styling, pagination, column grouping etc) vanilla javascript, backend and frontend support (though not all plugins are working on the frontend yet and I don't plan to support it as long as I don't need it myself)  
      Limitations:
      While there is an option to retrieve data via AJAX the actual processing of the grid (displaying, filtering, sorting) is done on the client side, meaning that you can get into troubles when handling really large datasets of several thousands of rows. agGrid should be one of the most performant grid options in the world (see the official example page with a 100k row example) and does a lot to prevent problems (such as virtual row rendering), but you should always have this limitation in mind as this is a major difference to the available lister options that do not have this limitation.
      Currently it only supports AdminThemeUikit and I don't plan to support any other admin theme.

Download: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid
      Installation: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/Installation
      Quikckstart: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart
      Further instructions: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart#further-instructions

Module status: alpha, License: MIT
      Note that every installation and uninstallation sends an anonymous google analytics event to my google analytics account. If you don't want that feel free to remove the appropriate lines of code before installation/uninstallation.

Contribute:
      You can contribute to the development of this and other modules or just say thank you by
      testing, reporting issues and making PRs at gitlab liking this post buying me a drink: paypal.me/baumrock/5 liking my facebook page: facebook.com/baumrock hiring me for pw work: baumrock.com  
      Support: Please note that this module might not be as easy and plug&play as many other modules. It needs a good understanding of agGrid (and JavaScript in general) and it likely needs some looks into the code to get all the options. Please understand that I can not provide free support for every request here in the forum. I try to answer all questions that might also help others or that might improve the module but for individual requests I offer paid support for 60€ per hour.

Changelog
      180730 support subdir installations 180711 bugfix (naming issue) 180630 alpha realease  
      Use Cases / Examples:
      Colored grid cells, Icons, Links etc. The Grid also has a "batcher" feature built in that helps communicating with the server via AJAX and managing resource intensive tasks in batches:

Filters, PW panel links and instant reload on panel close:

You can combine the grid with a chart library like I did with the (outdated) RockDataTables module: