Entice

Uploaded Image not resizing

Hi.

I've been trying to tackle this problem all day. I have my image upload script working well. On computers, I can upload just fine and have the images resized.

But when I try to upload from my phone using the camera, I see the file get uploaded to the server, but then when it comes to the resizing portion, it completely fails. No errors to trace. At first I thought it was iPhone related, but reproduced it on my Android phone.  It seems to happen with camera taken images (even DSLR). I can create a photoshop image that is a larger image size, and that works.

I'm able to call the image itself it and it displays the original image data, the original file is on the server, the code is pretty basic.

I first try getting the URL of the first (and only) image:

Start
$user->avatar->first->url
End

Result:

Start
/site/assets/files/1525/profile.jpeg
End

BUT when I do this:

Start
$user->avatar->first->size(100,100)->url
End

I send up with:

Start

It simply dies with no error to trace back. Even when I have debug turned on, nothing.

For the life of me, I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. Has anyone else come across this?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rushy
      Hi. I've been using Processwire for a few years now and installed it on a few different shared hosting servers without issues, but I'm now running into an issue on a Fasthosts shared server that I've not seen before. The installation goes ok and I have a working default site profile but I am unable to complete any uploads of images. It just hangs at the progress spinner during the upload. I thought it might be a priviledge issue so have temporarily set the dir / file privs. as 777 / 666 just to test that but it made no difference. I have no errors in the wire log. In server error log I have:
      set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in ....htdocs/wire/core/ImageSizerEngine.php on line 1035 and i note in the assets/file dir. where the image is being stored the date on the file being created has a year of 1970 and 0 length. If I leave the page this file disappears and nothing has been stored. 
      Does anyone know how I can enable set_time_limit if this is likely to be the problem? 
      Many thanks! Paul
    • By Fanni
      Hi all, 
      I am having some issues uploading a PDF to our website (a problem we’ve had before).
      I have tried reducing the size of the PDF but the problem seems to be with generating the thumbnail image because the upload works under the Fallback mode but the thumbnail is terrible (see attached). 
      Does anybody have any advice about this? Please note that I'm not a developer. 
      Thanks!

• By Roberts R
      Hello.
      I never though about it before but when I insert image into CKeditor field I don't get ALT tag filled from image that has it. Do I have to do it manualy for inserted image or Im doing something wrong?

• By Mithlesh
      Changing it to null