Uploading and work on PW while page redirects.

Speed

My mind have been circulating as I've been trying to come up with some idea and I cannot get any of it. So I was hoping you guys would help.

Here's the situation, I've created data and build customer page from localhost. Now it's done... I am in progress of uploading PW into livehost. My customer asked me if their visitor would get to see newly page right after I uploading PW. I've told customer that visitor probably would see 505 error page for a while until I get to fix data and secure it and probably other encountered errors, although I've suggested my customer that I could create url redirect.  The old page will temporarily reside in sub url. And whenever visitor type in domain url, it will redirect to sub url. While at it, I could upload PW, fix 505 error without visitor seeing it. But problem is, I will not be able to view it to confirm page is good for launch. It would redirect me if I type url there. 

If I can remember from back days, I was able to view page from server... while customer would be redirected. Now I cannot remember how to do this anymore. does anyone have idea how? Or may suggest me something?

Thanks in advance.