New module MarkInPageTree

benbyf

MarkInPageTree

New module which does what it says in the title. It adds an icon to a page on the page tree if -> a specific field is true and / or is a specified template.

For example I'm using it to add an icon to any page that has a checked (checkbox) exclusive field. This helps with admin clarity as you can see instantly which pages of the same template have differing content (i.e. are exclusive or not).

https://github.com/benbyford/MarkInPageTree

Screenshot 2016-12-09 14.33.45.png

• Like 10

couldnt work it out, just gave me a field for searching the pages on the site but not selecting them... and it wouldnt show templates or fields.

I was able to use select multiple instead thought. For example:

$f = $this->modules->get('InputfieldSelectMultiple');
$f->attr('name', 'template');
$f->description =  $this->_("Template or templates of pages to trigger bulk email to users after new page published");
$f->addOption('', '');

foreach($this->templates as $template){
$f->addOption($template->name, $template->title);

Updated and works well (needed to delete the extra fa- in the html as the icon selector adds the complete fontawesome name). Only thing I would change but unsure is whether you can have or selector somehow as it currenlty only adds icons to the selectors found pages not a template or a field for example. i.e. for mulitple selectors.

Great idea and great module! Saves me some rather ugly additions to the displayed title page in the page tree.

One thing for the Christmas wish list: It would be even greater if the module would provide a way to set up several different rule sets. So you could set up different icons to mark different things.

• Like 2

not really sure how to make this happen... repeater? Anyone point me in the right direction to creating multiple additional fields to the module settings? so the module can have as many icon and template or field pairs as you want...?

Multi-value fields in module config is a bit tricky, because almost everything multi-value in pw is based on pages, which you don't use here. It's probably simplest to add an integer field "number_of_configuration", which does, after it's saved, cause the field(s) for the page selection to be rendered that many times. In your modules code you'd also use that number for determining how often to loop though potential configurations.

Happy Christmas everyone!

I had a bit of time to add tot his module :)

It now has textareas (thanks @tpr) in it's config which means it can now add as many icons and field and/or template pairs as you like. This means you could add one icon for pages of the template basic-page, and also add another icon for all pages with a counter etc...

Also... I've added a third textarea, allowing you to add a list of fields to show the data for IN the pagetree itself (see image below). In my example below I am able to show in the page tree by each page if they have a counter what the data is and whether the page has a field exclusive and its data.

Thanks for peoples help and hope it is useful. (updated on github)

Screenshot 2016-12-17 15.43.47.png

Screenshot 2016-12-17 15.43.27.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for this module, it's quite useful, and it's work very well. However, I still wondering which icons I can use? I can't find anywhere a list or a reference to an iconset used by the module. 

Mel

• 4 weeks later...

Great module, thank you!

Is there a way to use separate variations of icons, e.g. "fas fa-check" vs. "far fa-check"?

P.S.: You might want to point to the icon cheatsheet in the module description. I was confused as well (newbie).

On 9/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, Knubbi said:

Great module, thank you!

Is there a way to use separate variations of icons, e.g. "fas fa-check" vs. "far fa-check"?

P.S.: You might want to point to the icon cheatsheet in the module description. I was confused as well (newbie).

Both valid. PW comes with Fontawesome in the default admin so thats why its the deafult far icons. If you want to purchase new icons versions and replaces the files in your copy then that shoul work.

Will definitely change the description.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Benbyf,

I'm really enjoying this module.  It really helps visualize how the page tree relates to the templates.  I'm using "template" in Data.

One request: It would be really helpful if you could add a permission so that only super users see the MarkInPageTree stuff in the Page Tree by default.  If other roles need to see the MarkInPageTree stuff in the Page Tree, a site admin could add a MarkInPageTree permission to that role.

The only caveat is that existing sites that have already installed this module will need to be updated to use the new permission.