Admin Translation (nightmare)

Guy Verville

I do love PW for a lot of reasons, but the language translation tool is not that easy to deal with. The site I am working on is in French and there will be no translation, so the default language has been translated into French (importing the french language pack, which is not up to date, and completing lot of stuff). However, for a reason I don't know, some buttons stay in English.

I was able to find the string pattern %s + Next, and tried numerous variation. Everything is translated except Save + Next!

As we say in French, PW a des croutes à manger à ce niveau. (probably not really translatable... ;-)  PW has some crumbs to eat on that level). While there was a great improvement on language translation management, wouldn't it be easier to have a tabled list of all translations? And, why, for example, should we have to enter the translation for "Save" at every occurrence in modules?

ListerPro (which we purchased for that site) is really great to make searches. Would be fun to have translations strings placed in the admin area as pages...

Food for stuff?

Any way, back to my chase of %s + Next... (or whatever I will discover)

OperaScreenSnapz006.png

Using the language files search box, I've found the culprit at the ProcessPageEdit.module file.

You need to translate two strings there, 'Save' and '%s + Next'.  %s will be replaced with the translation of 'Save'. 

Screenshot 2016-12-06 18.53.46.png

Edited by Sérgio
Add image
  • Like 1

Olá! :)

I did that on my installation (EN, the default, and PT) and, after I changed the language on my profile to Portuguese, I opened a page to edit it and the translation appeared. Which PW version are you using? Mine is 3.0.39.