Each page has a 'category' page field.

I'm trying create a navigation that shows only the child categories as follows:

Shirts
-- Spring Summer
-- Fall Winter
Shoes
-- Spring Summer 
-- Fall Winter

When Shirts -> Spring Summer is clicked i'd see only spring summer shirts. Same for Shoes, you'd only see Spring summer items for shoes.

Help please.

You can use URL segments for the category name. Or a GET variable - the principle is the same but the URL segments are nicer. Look for the URL segment in your template and then use it in a selector for your product pages.

If you read through Ryan's URL segments tutorial you should get the gist of it.

Make your navigation links by iterating over the category options, or if you want to get fancy, just the categories that are used by products in that section.

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

You can use URL segments for the category name. Or a GET variable - the principle is the same but the URL segments are nicer. Look for the URL segment in your template and then use it in a selector for your product pages.

Thanks for the quick response. The first paragraph in your answer threw me off a little. Would i have to activate URL segments on the Category Template OR the Category Child Template? Otherwise would URL segments have to be enabled in the product templates instead?  Thank you.

Here's and example of what i'm hoping to achieve. http://www.etro.com/en_wr/ 'Man' and 'Woman' under collections both have the same categories i.e. 'Autumn Winter 16-17' although they list different items for 'Man' and 'Woman'F / .W 2016 -17

You would enable URL segments on the template used for "Shirts" and "Shoes". You would allow segments that match the names of your category pages and throw a 404 for anything else.

For example:

if($input->urlSegment1) {
    $category_names = $pages->find('template=category')->explode('name');
    if(in_array($input->urlSegment1, $category_names)) {
        // build your selector to filter the products using $input->urlSegment1
    } else {
        throw new Wire404Exception();
    }
} else {
    // show all the products
}

• Like 2