Admin Actions

adrian

Replace:

$recipients = $this->wire('pages')->find($options['pages'])->children();

with:

$recipients = $this->wire('pages')->get($options['pages'])->children();

You can't get the children of an array of pages. find() returns an array, get() returns a single page.

Also, since you have Tracy installed, please use bd() instead of print_r() and make your life a little easier :)

• Like 1

All good now, thanks. ?

I've got quite a bit more I want to do with this action like be able to use a PageTable field to be able to compose emails from a mix of existing pages and typed content, preview the email before sending, attach files uploaded to pages, and log email sends, but I think I'm probably better creating a new thread for that as it won't really be specific to your module, but more my limited coding abilities and inexperience working with the API.

I actually want a Repeater Matrix field, not PageTable. I'm trying to implement this now and have created a field in PW then gone to Export and copied the output and then pasted it into my action converting it from JSON to PHP format. Is that the right way to go about it? Or can I point the field in the action to an already existing field? Will I be able to use any fieldtype in an action?

1 minute ago, Tyssen said:

Will I be able to use any fieldtype in an action?

You can use any type of field directly, but if you have more questions, I think your hunch to start a new thread is probably a good idea - this isn't really AdminActions specific anymore.

How would you go about adding markup to an action outside a form field? For instance for an action I'm working on which sends emails, I'd like to be able to provide a button to preview the email in a modal window.

Would it be with addHookAfter and if so, would I be targetting the action's class::method or the module's?

1 hour ago, Tyssen said:

How would you go about adding markup to an action outside a form field? For instance for an action I'm working on which sends emails, I'd like to be able to provide a button to preview the email in a modal window.

Would it be with addHookAfter and if so, would I be targetting the action's class::method or the module's?

array(
                'name' => 'markup',
                'label' => 'Markup',
                'description' => '',
                'notes' => '',
                'type' => 'markup',
                'value' => '<strong>Test Markup</strong>'
            ),

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @adrian,

I have a request for an enhancement to this module. I think it would be useful if the options form for an action was validated before executeAction() fires. So the required/requiredIf conditions are evaluated and executeAction() only fires if the form submission is successful.

At the moment executeAction() fires even when the required/requiredIf conditions are not met, which means you have to do extra validation inside executeAction() and that can get quite tricky with some requiredIf setups.

What do you think?

• Like 1

I had a quick look and validating the form is straightforward. After the form input is processed... 

if(count($form->getErrors())) {
    // There were some form errors so do not proceed with action
}

But at this point we are already in executeExecute() because the action of the form is the execute URL segment, and the page headings are different in this method. Maybe it would be better if the action of the options form was options URL segment, and then if successful redirect to execute segment? Not sure, there are probably several different ways to handle it and I'm sure you'll know the best approach.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @adrian

today I had to move one repeaterfield with several items into a repeaterfield inside another repeater matrix on another page. I thought I'll have a look at your admin actions module, but it seems it does not support such a special task. I came up with this solution:

// $page is the repeater matrix page (found by inspecting the repeater matrix item and looking for the id and then pasting this id manually in the page edit url
$page->of(false);
$page->quotes->removeAll();
$page->setAndSave('quotes', '');

// pages(123) is the page with the populated repeater
foreach(pages(123)->quotes as $old) {
    $quote = $page->quotes->getNew();
    $quote->title = $old->title;
    $quote->person = $old->person;
    $quote->body = $old->body;
    $quote->of(false);
    $quote->save();
    $quote->image->add($old->getUnformatted('image')->first()->filename);
    $quote->save();
    $page->quotes->add($quote);
    $page->save();
}

Not too complicated - I thought I share it if anybody else has the need. Not sure if that would make sense as an action in your module? Guess the need is VERY limited...

Thanks again for your great modules! In this case Admin Actions didn't do the job but with the help of tracy I moved the content within 10minutes ?

• Like 2

Hey @bernhard - I think it could be a very useful action actually. These are the sorts of things that I come across fairly regularly and an action makes it so much easier. Would you like to create an action and submit a PR?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 4:54 AM, matjazp said:

Ahm, any action module laying around that would recreate admin thumbnails 0x260 and delete the old ones?

The InputfieldImage::getAdminThumb() method with the "remove legacy thumbnail file" argument is what you want to use.

You'd loop over all the images in your site and call that method on each one. I think this will do the job...

$if_image = $this->modules->InputfieldImage;
foreach($fields->find('type=FieldtypeImage') as $field) {
    foreach($pages->find("{$field->name}.count>0") as $p) {
        foreach($p->getUnformatted($field->name) as $image) $if_image->getAdminThumb($image, false, true);
    }
}

• Like 2

On 6/2/2018 at 7:10 PM, adrian said:

Hey @bernhard - I think it could be a very useful action actually. These are the sorts of things that I come across fairly regularly and an action makes it so much easier. Would you like to create an action and submit a PR?

Actually I think this should already work. Not enough time to test it, but it should work if you select the old page as source and the new page's repeater page as destination. Only tricky part is to find that page via the page tree - but the existing repeater-copy-action itself should work already.

On 6/4/2018 at 1:40 AM, Robin S said:

The InputfieldImage::getAdminThumb() method with the "remove legacy thumbnail file" argument is what you want to use.

You'd loop over all the images in your site and call that method on each one. I think this will do the job...

Created and sent action module to @adrian via PM if he would consider including it in Admin Actions module. Thanks @Robin S!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, matjazp said:
On 6/3/2018 at 4:40 PM, Robin S said:

Created and sent action module to @adrian via PM if he would consider including it in Admin Actions module.

Thanks and sorry for not getting back to you yet - crazy deadlines here at the moment. Will try to look at it early next week.

• 2 weeks later...

@adrian I would really love to have the possibility to have "lock" and "un-lock" as well in the "Page Manipulator" action available.

In a certain PW-instance, I have dozens of pages that only act as attributes, which are used as categorization via page-references. I have used page-locks to disable editing these pages for non-superusers. Removing locks via Batch Child Editor is not possible, so I thought it was possible with your great module. But that option doesn't show up.

Could you consider adding this as well? Or do you see any security implications? The use of your module is (and always will) of course be strictly limited to super-users. But I think it would be really a great time-saver in some scenarios.

1 minute ago, dragan said:

I would really love to have the possibility to have "lock" and "un-lock" as well in the "Page Manipulator" action available.

I think it's probably too rare of a need to add to BatchChildEditor, but happy to have it in AdminActions. Just committed it to the latest version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1