FrancisChung

Cyberchef - One stop shop for all your conversion needs

It’s ironic that they release this tool on the day the Snooper's Charter law  became official in the UK. The new surveillance law (Investigatory Powers Act) requires web and phone companies to store everyone’s web browsing histories for 12 months and give 48 official groups full access to the data - one of these groups is the GCHQ. These groups will also gain new powers to officially hack into computers and phones to collect communications data in bulk.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/ip-bill-law-details-passed

• Like 4

Yep, I was thinking of whether they are easily collecting data this way? Mind what you are pasting...

BTW, this law sounds like as if it was made up in China, but unfortunately no :(

18 hours ago, Michael Murphy said:

It’s ironic that they release this tool on the day the Snooper's Charter law  became official in the UK. The new surveillance law (Investigatory Powers Act) requires web and phone companies to store everyone’s web browsing histories for 12 months and give 48 official groups full access to the data - one of these groups is the GCHQ. These groups will also gain new powers to officially hack into computers and phones to collect communications data in bulk.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/ip-bill-law-details-passed

All UK users should start using a VPN now ... and configure / test it so that it's not leaking their IP.

Not all VPN providers are the same. I recommend AirVPN which I've used for several years now.

• Like 2

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Eunico Cornelius
      Hi, I am new to process wire and I've been trying to change the date time format in my webpage according to its language selection(example: English 'd/m/y' , Deutsch: 'd.m.y'). I know that using 
      $datetime->getDateFormats(); we can achieve the type of formats in the shape of indexes. Also, by using 
      $user->language->id we can know which language we are using. How do I combine this two functions so that when I select English/Deutsch, the date will be adjusted accordingly?
      Is there a specific function that can do this or is there any provided index in the $user->language somewhere. Thanks in advance :).
    • By SwimToWin
      How can I translate the admin buttons that are shown when mousing over a page in the admin interface ("Edit", "View", "New", "Move", "Unpub", "Hide", "Lock", "Trash")?

The site uses the built-in Language Support module. I am here: /processwire/page/.
      I looked for files to translate in the Languages setup section (/processwire/setup/languages/edit/?id=1234), so far unsuccessfully because I was not able to identify a file to translate.
    • By Kiwi Chris
      Years ago before Wordpress had even been invented, I started work on a site providing information about my local region of New Zealand. Back then, most people were on dialup, and if you wanted a CMS you had to roll it yourself - if you could find a host that supported server scripting at an affordable price.
      This year, with a quiet patch with essentially no paid work, I finally decided it was time to make the move from a home-grown CMS using an obscure scripting language to something more modern, so I could spend more time adding content and features, and less time maintaining the core CMS.
      www.marlboroughonline.co.nz
      I love Processwire because it works the way I think, and when I was first introduced to it, I was up and running within 20 minutes of reading the documentation, vs several hours reading Wordpress documentation, and still not entirely sure how to create my own fields and create a theme from scratch.
      I come from a database programming background, particularly Microsoft Access, so being able to make fields and add them to a form or report, is the way I'm used to working, although it took a bit of getting used to Processwire not adding fields to a table by default, although I see Pro-Fields or custom field types can achieve this. (I haven't used Pro-Fields in this project as I'm essentially on a zero budget).
      The site itself doesn't use anything particularly fancy. I use the following modules:
      Map Marker Form Template Processor Social Share Buttons (With my own colour version of the button icons) AIOM+ (This is particularly handy as I'm using a customised version of Bootstrap, and it handles compiling all the LESS files) Jumplinks The biggest task was importing all the content from my existing CMS, but since I wrote it, it was easier than dealing with some third-party CMS.
      The site had been around for a long time, and had numerous inward links including a number from Wikipedia, and I didn't want to break them in the conversion.
      If you're converting a site to Processwire with a URL structure that can't be replicated in Processwire, Jumplinks is a must-have module, as it handles complex URL redirects very nicely.
      The site has quite a bit of content, much of it which needed updating in addition to changing the CMS, so there might be odd bits that don't look right, but that's certainly not Processwire's fault.
    • By Noel Boss
      Hi, I'm new to PW. I could not find anything about this in the form or the documentation.
      I installed PW 3.0.54 with the new regular profile using markup regions. Now there are already some pages and blog entries there. Can I install multilanguage on an existing page that had no translation previously? Would seem that this should be possible. But it seems like all pages act as languages now:

I compared my installation with a site-multilanguage installation and found there is a template called "language" – this was missing in my site-regular profile so I exported and importet that template. Now I git the following error upon import
       language.fieldgroupFields: Unable to find field: language_files
      and after completing import I get a breaking error:
      Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function setIsDefaultLanguage() on boolean in /home/ubuntu/workspace/pw3/wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupport.module:170

You can see it here:
      https://dev-pw-icfchurch.c9users.io/admin/
      user > thanks4help

I'm now kind of lost on how to do it propperly… Basically: Does anyone know how to add languages to an existing single-language website? Thanks for your help

• By Harmen
      Hi all,
      Recently I launched a module -ImportPagesPrestashop-, and now I was thinking if it is worthy to translate this module in several languages (starting with a translation in dutch, because I'm from the Netherlands). Is it worth to put the effort into the translation or do you guys think ->English is the best and translations are not needed?
      Thanks in advance,
      ~Harmen