Admin: Page tree

Speed

With Reno theme and AOS Installed, The accordion is disabled on sidebar which is really good. But... unfortunately, the accordion does not affect on page tree. It gets really pain to click on parent to expand child. Especially with my clients that think there isn't any child to do editing. Is there a way to disable it? 

56 minutes ago, tpr said:

But perhaps the children counter could be tweaked to read "show children" as a workaround.

And How could I do that? 

If I knew enough about building modules (hopefully one day), I'd create something like this for page tree on parent setting or somehow. 

Untitled.png

With CSS for example:

.PageListItem:not(.PageListItemOpen) span.PageListNumChildren.detail:not(:empty):after {
    content: " (click show children)";
}

It's only an extra visual sign that there are subpages, rather than just showing the number of children. Of course you can tweak it to your likings, eg. make it more visible adding a background color etc.

You can use AOS's Admin CSS feature to add the rules above to the admin.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Speed said:

Which css files would that be? I've tried AdminOnSteroid.css, AdminOnSteroid.css. It didn't show anything.  Oh I forgot to mention I use Reno theme too. 

@tpr is referring this option in the AOS config settings which lets you load additional CSS rules to the PW admin.

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 11.33.23 AM.png

• Like 3