Error 500 Exception: You do not have permission to execute this module - ProcessPageView

iNoize

Hello, 

i need help i dont know what happen but i get this error

Its an multipage installation with one core and many languages. 
EN Version is ok but the DE version always error 500 also if i try to login to the backend.

Exception: You do not have permission to execute this module - ProcessPageView (in /homepages/17/pathtosite/wire/core/Modules.php line 1225

Errorlog: 

2016-11-26 11:13:37    guest   http://de.mypage.com/?/  Error:     Exception: You do not have permission to execute this module - ProcessPageView (in /homepages/17/pathtosite/wire/core/Modules.php line 1225)
2016-11-26 11:13:57    guest   http://de.mypage.com/?/  Error:     Exception: You do not have permission to execute this module - ProcessPageView (in /homepages/17/pathtosite/wire/core/Modules.php line 1225)  #0 /homepages/17/pathtosite/wire/core/Modules.php(1130): ProcessWire\Modules->getModule('ProcessPageView') #1 /homepages/17/pathtosite/index.php(53): ProcessWire\Modules->get('ProcessPageView') #2 {main}
2016-11-26 11:14:34    guest   http://de.mypage.com/?/  Error:     Exception: You do not have permission to execute this module - ProcessPageView (in /homepages/17/pathtosite/wire/core/Modules.php line 1225)  #0 /homepages/17/pathtosite/wire/core/Modules.php(1130): ProcessWire\Modules->getModule('ProcessPageView') #1 /homepages/17/pathtosite/index.php(53): ProcessWire\Modules->get('ProcessPageView') #2 {main}
2016-11-26 11:14:51    guest   http://de.mypage.com/?/  Error:     Exception: You do not have permission to execute this module - ProcessPageView (in /homepages/17/pathtosite/wire/core/Modules.php line 1225)

Edited by iNoize
I dont know what is it but i had to restore the DB

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/26/2016 at 11:31 AM, iNoize said:

I dont know what is it but i had to restore the DB

3 hours ago, wbmnfktr said:

Anyone any idea how to fix this or where to look first?

Difficult to say with so little infos. But in any case, a DB almost half a GB big is rather... big.

There are various ways how to create a DB-dump. Did you use PW's DB-backup or did you create your own?

Try to delete all cache DB entries in your dump.sql first. They can become huge, and are rather useless on a new install.

Then maybe delete everything inside site/assets/cache/.

Do you have DB-session handler installed or default? (file-based)

What was the last time the site (core) was updated?

Log files (PW + server)?

Did you check site/config.php?

$config->debug = true;
$config->protectCSRF=false;

Finally... is the clone running on the exact same setup (PHP version etc.) as the original one?

It's not my site or a project I did work on in the past... so some details aren't available at the moment. But I'll get those soon.

The database backup was done via Site Profile Exporter - I will try a real mysql dump soon and will see if this helps.

There are no stuck sessions around, caches look fine in all areas. I played already with custom .sql files but this doesn't get the job done either.

Log files don't tell anythings special beside that error mentioned above.

I guess there is something broken with the database backup or a settings that doesn't play well in my environment. I will try to match all settings to the previous setup. That is good idea I haven't thought about, yet.

Thanks for pushing my thoughts in new directions!

Short update:

I dumped a new database copy into my setup and by now it looks like it's working 99% of the time. The errors I see now are in the templates only.

As far as I can tell there was something wrong with the admin user or the guest role in my previous try. At least the guest role didn't show up (as additional role) in it's profile and I wasn't able to set or remove it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...