Alfred

Hook to hide inputfield in Admin

Hello,

I'm trying to hide a specific field with a hook.

This is what I tried so far. Changing the field label works but the hiding  not.
Changing addHookBefore to addHookAfter makes no difference. 

I searched the forum and found similar thread but could not translate the answer to this situation.

Any help would be appreciated.

class HideFields extends WireData implements Module {

public static function getModuleInfo() {

return array(
                'title' => 'Hide Fields',
                'version' => 100,
                'summary' => 'Hide fields',
                'singular' => true,
                'autoload' => "template=admin"
                );
	}

public function init() {   				
		$this->addHookBefore('Inputfield::render', $this, 'setHide');
	}

public function setHide($event) {
		$inputfield = $event->object;
		if($inputfield->name != "Foo") return;
		$inputfield->label = "Bar";				// This works
		$inputfield->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedHidden;	// This doesn't work	
	}
}

3 hours ago, fbg13 said:

You can hide a field from it's settings page, input tab > visibility.

Screenshot_8.jpg

Thanks fbg13 and szabesz but my purpose is to be able to control the visibility at page-level and not only at template-level.
I know there is also the possibility of inputfield dependencies but in my case this does not suit my needs.

The code above is a simplified version of my original code but shows exactly the problem. 

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

my purpose is to be able to control the visibility at page-level

This works for me:

$pages->addHookAfter("ProcessPageEdit::buildFormContent", function($event) {
    if($event->object->getPage()->id !== 1016) return;
    $wrapper = $event->return;
    if(!$wrapper->has('body')) return;
    $wrapper->body->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedHidden;
});

I have included a check for the ID of the page being edited. So in this case it will only hide the "body" field on a page with ID 1016. Hopefully you can modify that for your needs.

BTW, I just put that code in my site/init.php file - no need for a module for something so simple.

• Like 3

Thanks Adrian,

I was just writing the solution to my own question. In the  thread I mentioned I found out that there was a little typo that made it not work.
Your suggested code works, thank you.
Could it be though that it is not working for the title field. It is gives an error:

Notice: Indirect modification of overloaded property ProcessWire\InputfieldWrapper::$title has no effect in /…/…/…/htdocs/…/…/processwire/site/modules/HideFields.module on line 27
Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in /…/…/…/htdocs/…/…/processwire/site/modules/HideFields.module on line 27

For completeness this is the code that worked (except for the title field):

class HideFields extends WireData implements Module {
	public static function getModuleInfo() {
        return array(
                'title' => 'Hide Fields',
                'version' => 100,
                'summary' => 'Hide fields',
                'singular' => true,
                'autoload' => "template=admin"
                );
	}

public function init() {   				
		$this->addHookAfter("ProcessPageEdit::buildFormContent", $this, "setHide");
	}

public function setHide($event){
	 $wrapper = $event->return;	 
	 if(!$wrapper->has('Foo')) return;
	   $wrapper->Foo->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedHidden;
	}
}

For the title field you need:

ProcessPageEdit::buildForm 

And remember (as I mentioned above) - no need for a module - just use my version in your site/init.php file.

• Like 1

Making small steps with programming in ProcessWire.
But thanks to guys like you (and Processwire itself of course) all the small steps take me further than I ever thought possible.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonatan
      collapsedNoLocked field not showing
      Hi all, ☺️
      I'm a 21 years old 👨‍🦱, danish 🇩🇰, hobby-designer-and-web-stuff-maker and very excited and eager processwire beginner, or "noob" 🐣 if you wish.
      So far I've been fascinated by the very satisfyingly simple and yet powerfull magic ✨ of PW (once you get the hang of it) and the awesome feeling of the strong PW community 🦄🌈☀️❤️! The huge work done by @ryan and all of the other amazing PW people is just so inspiring! I actually really have a hard time understanding why Processwire isn't the most used CMS in the world... or at least just a way more commonly known one!

But now I've encountered a small bump on the road and I'd lovingly appreciate if one of you lovely PW forum members could maybe help me out!
      ❓Problem:
      So I have a problem with the collapsed-constant: https://processwire.com/api/ref/inputfield/#pwapi-methods-collapsed-constants 
      - It's not showing my field when I apply it.
      (I've funnily enough found this old git pull from 2014 which documents the "Locked" state being added as a field -> input -> visibility option: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/pull/457 – it also shows the relevant code implementations to the core) 

📝 What I wish to do:
       is to 👀 display some data from a 📦 module (InstagramBasicDisplayApi) in the ⌨️ page editor when editing a page ("About me") using the template (About.php) - So the only possible way to do that as far as for what I've been able to come up with with my restricted PW (end eh.. php) –knowledge was to add a custom field type to the (About.php) template...
      I've set up a custom field using https://modules.processwire.com/modules/mystique/ :
      site/modules/configs/Mystique.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; $modules = wire("modules"); $instagram = $modules->get("InstagramBasicDisplayApi"); $data = array('username'=>''); $account = $instagram->getUserAccount($data["username"]); $username = isset($account["username"]) ? $account["username"] : ""; $at_instausername = "@" . $username; /** * Resource : Instagram account */ return [ 'title' => __('Instagram account'), 'fields' => [ 'window_title' => [ 'label' => __(' '), 'type' => Mystique::TEXT, // or InputfieldText 'useLanguages' => true, 'collapsed' => '0', 'placeholder' => __($at_instausername), ] ] ]; - Basically:
      I'm getting the instagram-username, pulling it from the module "InstagramBasicDisplayApi",  And then I'm using it as the 'placeholder' value for the field, resulting in this:  - Which is actually what I want... almost...
      – The thing is, I would like it to be locked, so that it's not possible to overwrite the 'placeholder' value, but so that the inputfield actually does not take any input but just informatively displays the data...
      so what I do is that I just change 'collapsed' to '7' = 'collapsedNoLocked':
      'collapsed' => '7', , right, and that would be it?
      But unfortunately no...
      When I do I get this:

- I can't figure out why? I'd supposed that the 'placeholder' value would just show, but non-editable?
      A "workaround" is to just set it to back to 0, then manually type in "@sasha_lindegaard" and then press save, and then set it to 7, and I have what I want:

- But that's not really what I wish, as it displays the data (the instagram username) statically (from what I've typed into the field and have saved) and not dynamically (from the instagram module database) as wished for...
      – also, it's still collapsable? Why so?... 🤔

Any ideas for how I might get my "INSTAGRAM" field to display the username from the instagram module's database dynamically, not as editable placeholder text in a editable/open input field but just as non-editable/locked text?
      I hope that I've made my problem clear enough but if I've failed to provide enough info please don't hesitate to request for more! 🙂 
      Thanks a thousand times in advance!
      All the best,
      Jonatan R.
    • By MarkE
      I had a need to interactively update the page choices in a multi-choice page select field. I chose to do this with a general-purpose piece of jQuery. By combining it with a InputfieldPage::getSelectablePages hook, you can get the trigger field to alter the selectable pages interactively.  I have also found this to be useful in a number of other situations - e.g. updating a RuntimeMarkup field for changes on a page. There may be more elegant ways of achieving this (I'm open to suggestions), but in case it is useful to others, I'll post it here. Hopefully the comments in the script are self-explanatory and describe how to use it. Note that there are several console.log statements to help with debugging, which you can remove once happy with its operation.
      Happy to answer any questions (if I can 😉 ). Also, if anyone can explain how to get it working fully with checbox/toggle ad radio buttons, I would be grateful.
      /* Script to refresh a form content when an element gets changed To work across all admin pages, this script needs to be loaded in admin.php – add the line $config->scripts->add($config->urls->templates . "scripts/form-update.js"); before the final require in templates/admin.php. Typical use is to modify other elements based on a select drop-down change The trigger element can have the following data attributes assigned to it (typically set these with $myInputfield->attr() in a module or hook): * data-action="form-update" : Required to run the script. * data-update-target="#myid1" : Required - the element to change. Note that this should not be the whole form, otherwise .find(target) will not find it. * data-confirm="Some confirmation text": Optional - if you want to show a confirmation before the update, this holds the text to display. If absent, there will be no confirmation dialogue. If the user chooses ‘cancel’, the script will revert the change and terminate. * data-alert="Some alert text": Optional – if you want to warn the user that the update cannot happen for some reason (the script will then revert the change and terminate). * data-cache="#myid2" : Optional - if you want to cache the (changed) value, this element stores it. * data-cache-prefix="Some prefix string" : Optional (requires data-cache) - a prefix to prepend the value stored in the cache This currently works with the following trigger elements: * select options * select page (single and multiple) * page list select (single and multiple) * asm select * page autocomplete (but note that data attributes must be set in the wrapper element - e.g. $myInputfield->wrapAttr() ) * checkboxes (set attributes in wrapper as above) but not with: * toggle * checkbox * radio buttons (These partly work - the attributes need to be in the wrapper -, but doesn't work completely as wrapper 'value' attribute is not updated by PW (always 0) ) NOTE: If you are using this with other js scripts (e.g. in a module) that listen for events in the target, you must use event delegation (e.g. $(document).on("change","#myid", function(){}); NOT $("#myid").onchange(function(){}); ) because #myid is dynamic if it is inside the target) */ $(document).on('focusin', '[data-action="form-update"]', function(){ // get the value before the element is changed console.log("Saving value " + $(this).val()); $(this).data('val', $(this).val()); }).on('change','[data-action="form-update"]', function(event){ var prev = $(this).data('val'); var current = $(this).val(); console.log("Prev value " + prev); console.log("New value " + current); // if trigger element has data-confirm attribute, confirm or revert and exit var confirmText = $(this).data('confirm'); if (confirmText) { if (!confirm(confirmText)) { $(this).val(prev); return; } } // if trigger element has data-alert attribute, show alert and exit var alertText = $(this).data('alert'); if (alertText) { alert(alertText); $(this).val(prev); return; } // cache the value before proceeding (if data-cache set) var cache = $(this).data('cache'); var cachePrefix = ($(this).data('cache-prefix')) ? $(this).data('cache-prefix') : ''; $(cache).val(cachePrefix + current); var $form = $(this).closest('form'); var target = $(this).data('update-target'); console.log("Target is " + target); var method = $form.attr('method'); var action = $form.attr('action'); var data = $form.serialize(); var encodedName; // .serialize() will omit select elements that do not have a 'null' option (e.g. asm select, page list select) // or checkboxes with nothing selected // so find them and add empty parameters to the data string, otherwise the page field will not be updated $($form.find('select, input').each(function(index){ console.log('Select element no. ' + index + ' with name ' + $(this).attr("name") + ' has serialize = ' + $(this).serialize()); encodedName = encodeURI($(this).attr("name")) if (data.search(encodedName) === -1) { data += ('&' + encodeURI($(this).attr("name")) + '='); } })); console.log("Submitted data: " + data); if (!method) method = 'get'; if (!action) action = window.location.href; // If you want to fade the affected inputfields then assign the loading class to their wrappers with method wrapClass(loading) $(target).find('.loading').css({ display: 'block', opacity: 0.2 }).animate({ opacity: 1 }, 5000); // then send your request $.ajax(action, { type: method, // type used, not method, for older versions of jquery data: data, // you can also add an error handler here if required, in case the server returns an error on the request success: function (data) { // Initial ajax just returns an array with message. Need to GET the form data. $.ajax(window.location.href, { type: 'GET', cache: false, success: function (data) { // then just take the target, and replace it with the target div from the returned data console.log("Returned data: " + data); console.log("Updating html with: " + $(data).find(target).html()); $(target).html($(data).find(target).html()); } }); } }); });  
    • By gebeer
      Hello all,
      wasn't sure where to put this, so it goes in General section.
      Ryan shows a hook that we can use to mirror files on demand from live server to development environment to be up to date with the files on the server without having to download complete site/assets/files folder.
      I just implemented this but had problems getting files to load from a site in development that is secured with user/password via htaccess.
      First I tried to use WireHttp setHeader method for basic authentication like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $http = new WireHttp(); // basic authentication $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $http->setHeader('Authorization: Basic', base64_encode("$u:$pw")); $http->download($url, $file); } } But, unfortunately this didn't work.
      So now I am using curl to do the download. My hook function now looks like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $fp = fopen($file, 'w+'); // init file pointer $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 50); // crazy high timeout just in case there are very large files curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "$u:$pw"); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_BASIC); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp); // give curl the file pointer so that it can write to it curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true); $data = curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); } } Now I can load files and images from the htaccess protected development server 🙂
      If anyone knows how to get this to work with WireHttp, please let me know. Thank you.
    • By Marco Ro
      Hi,
      I need to change the position of the label tag. In all render the input field look like this:
      <div class="Inputfield" id=""> <label class="InputfieldHeader" for="...">Email</label> <div class="InputfieldContent"> <input id="..." name="..." class="..." type="" maxlength="512" autocomplete="off"> </div> </div> I would like move the label tag inside the InputfieldContent after the input tag.
      I try to work around the render hook, but didn't found a solution, and also I'm not sure is this the way. 
      How can I do it?
      Thank you.
    • By gebeer
      Hello all,
      sharing my new module FieldtypeImageReference. It provides a configurable input field for choosing any type of image from selectable sources. Sources can be: 
      a predefined folder in site/templates/ and/or a  page (and optionally its children) and/or the page being edited and/or any page on the site CAUTION: this module is under development and not quite yet in a production-ready state. So please test it carefully.
      UPDATE: the new version v2.0.0 introduces a breaking change due to renaming the module. If you have an older version already installed, you need to uninstall it and install the latest master version.
      Module and full description can be found on github https://github.com/gebeer/FieldtypeImageReference
      Install from URL: https://github.com/gebeer/FieldtypeImageReference/archive/master.zip
      Read on for features and use cases.
      Features
      Images can be loaded from a folder inside site/templates/ or site/assets Images in that folder can be uploaded and deleted from within the inputfield Images can be loaded from other pages defined in the field settings Images can be organized into categories. Child pages of the main 'image source page' serve as categories mages can be loaded from any page on the site From the API side, images can be manipulated like native ProcessWire images (resizing, cropping etc.), even the images from a folder Image thumbnails are loaded into inputfield by ajax on demand Source images on other pages can be edited from within this field. Markup of SVG images can be rendered inline with `echo $image->svgcontent` Image names are fully searchable through the API $pages->find('fieldname.filename=xyz.png'); $pages->find('fieldname.filename%=xy.png'); Accidental image deletion is prevented. When you want to delete an image from one of the pages that hold your site-wide images, the module searches all pages that use that image. If any page contains a reference to the image you are trying to delete, deletion will be prevented. You will get an error message with links to help you edit those pages and remove references there before you can finally delete the image. This field type can be used with marcrura's Settings Factory module to store images on settings pages, which was not possible with other image field types When to use ?
      If you want to let editors choose an image from a set of images that is being used site-wide. Ideal for images that are being re-used across the site (e.g. icons, but not limited to that).
      Other than the native ProcessWire images field, the images here are not stored per page. Only references to images that live on other pages or inside a folder are stored. This has several advantages:
      one central place to organize images when images change, you only have to update them in one place. All references will be updated, too. (Provided the name of the image that has changed stays the same) Installation and setup instructions can be found on github.
      Here's how the input field looks like in the page editor:

If you like to give it a try, I'm happy to hear your comments or suggestions for improvement. Install from URL: https://github.com/gebeer/FieldtypeImageReference/archive/master.zip
      Eventually this will go in the module directory, too. But it needs some more testing before I submit it. So I'd really appreciate your assistance.
      Thanks to all who contributed their feedback and suggestions which made this module what it is now.