Robin S

Limit Repeater

Similar to Limit PageTable, this module allows you to apply limits and restrictions to Repeater fields. RepeaterMatrix is not supported.

LimitRepeater

A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Allows limits and restrictions to be placed on selected Repeater fields.

For any Repeater field you can limit the number of items that may be added and also prevent the use of drag-sorting, toggling of published state, and the trashing of items.

An example of use: because only non-superuser roles are affected by the module you can fix a Repeater at an arbitrary number of items by setting the limit to 1 and checking "No trash". Then as superuser you can add as many Repeater items as needed but other roles may not change the number of items.

Usage

Install the LimitRepeater module.

The module configuration screen should be self-explanatory.

You can add rows as needed using the "Add another row" button.

Please note that limits and restrictions are applied with CSS/JS so should not be considered tamper-proof.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/LimitRepeater
http://modules.processwire.com/modules/limit-repeater/

Module config:

limit-repeater-config.png

The effect of row 1 in the config screenshot above:

limit-r-example.png

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, adrian said:

@Robin S you're a man of no limits these days!

I'm really enjoying module development in PW. The flexibility that comes from hooks is brilliant. A couple more modules due shortly. :)

15 minutes ago, adrian said:

Btw, what is that text from

An all-time classic.

• Like 1

Very useful! I use it in combination with opening hours. For this reason I have created a repeater with 7 repeats (one for each day). In this case it prevents the customer from deleting or draging a weekday from the repeater list.

Screenshot_6.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks @Juergen! But how did you do the columns? No matter what Column Width settings I use, I have 100% width fields in my repeater... Am I missing something?

Thanks! What is the firts one with 100%? I simply have two 50%, or 30%-30% or whatever, but the result is two 100% wide "columns". Strange... But thanx anyway. I will try to figure it out somehow.

Its only here for creating the label and will not be displayed as a field in the template (see field settings below). I only use it to enter the day of the week (fe Monday). As you can see in my previous post every repeater has the name of the day in the repeater label.

Field settings of the hidden field:

Screenshot_8.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, finally I figured out that I was fiddling with the wrong settings, so that is why it "did not work".

Thanks to @Juergen who was kind enough to take a look at it!

Edit: Black Friday, eh? :-[

Edited by szabesz
  • Like 2

v0.0.3 released. You can now select multiple roles to be affected by the limit/restrictions, including the superuser role and "all roles".

• Like 4

@Robin S Thanks for this very useful module!

I've not yet dug into its internals, but before I do, I'd like to know if it would it be possible to control the "trashability" of a repeater entry based on a value within it?  (I have a hidden field in one of my repeaters and I'd like to prevent deletion of items if that field is non-blank.)

Is the module ajax calling to check for conditions or is everything pushed into client-side JS?

Hi @netcarver,

Right now the module can't do that. It's on my to-do list to update this module so that it has a hookable method that would allow the sort of thing you're wanting to do, but not sure when I'll get around to that.

For now you could use a hook to hide/disable the trash icon, similar to what I described in this topic:

In /site/ready.php:

$wire->addHookAfter('InputfieldFieldset::render', function(HookEvent $event) {
    /* @var $fieldset InputfieldFieldset */
    $fieldset = $event->object;
    $attr = $fieldset->wrapAttr();
    // Fieldsets in a Repeater inputfield have a data-page attribute
    if(isset($attr['data-page'])) {
        // Get the Repeater item
        $p = $this->pages((int) $attr['data-page']);
        if($p->hidden_field != '') $fieldset->addClass('no-trash');
    }
});

In some custom admin CSS:

/* Hide and disable the trash icon while keeping its space in the layout */
.no-trash .InputfieldRepeaterTrash { visibility:hidden; pointer-events:none; }

You could use display:none instead if you're not worried about the icon alignment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PWaddict said:

If I create a process module with a repeater field, will I be able to limit it with your module?

As far as I know, it's not possible to use a repeater field in a Process module. A repeater is necessarily a combination of fieldtype and inputfield whereas a Process module can only contain inputfields.

• Thanks 1

@PWaddict, if I understand right you want to set a limit of zero items. I added support for this in v0.1.6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1