Speed

Cache

I am having cache issues when working on template style using chrome browser at localhost with local server running. There are time color or size didn't change when I save css and reload chrome page. Sometimes to solve problem, I'd have to hit ctrl + alt + save to clear cache from browser. I've looked up Admin > Setup > Template > Cache Tab and noticed cache was already disabled as default. I have already looked into this article http://www.flamingruby.com/blog/processwire-caching-explained/  But realized it has nothing to with my issues and it got me confused rather its a browser or PW issues, does anyone have similar experience in past and probably found a solution? if so please share some suggestion.

Thanks in advance. 

I noticed the same thing. Template changes show instantly but CSS changes can take a few hits on F5 or even hard refresh. But not always...

I usually work with Opera 12.18 because I love Dragonfly, Opera's DevTools, but it's not possible with PW. Changes never show, even with diskcache and memory cache completly disbaled. Sadly I had to switch to Chrome but PW is worth the switch.

Hello @Speed,

when developing in Chrome, you can disable the cache in the developer tools under the network tab or network conditions drawer permanently, as long as the developer tools are open.

Regards, Andreas

• Like 2

No TurboMode is active and all caching is disabled in the settings.

With an open Dragonfly window it works fine but not without it. The strange thing is that It's only an issue with PW, not any other CMS. I looked at the response headers for a looong time but couldn't find anything. And on my local development environment there are no expires directives in the htaccess.

It's a mystery to me.

@klenkes -- Wait a min... which dragonfly are you talking about? the presto based or chrome?  I loved presto based, they were awesome.  I loved Firefox dev tools, unfortunately there were so many inaccuracies, there weren't much updates on FF dev tools lately. 

@AndZyk, yes I am aware about disabling cache in dev tools. It didn't really work most of time.

Well, I guess Ctrl+Shift+Del or getting chrome apps called clear cache is the solution for now.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Speed said:

@klenkes -- Wait a min... which dragonfly are you talking about? the presto based or chrome?  I loved presto based, they were awesome. 

Of course Presto based :) I am a Presto worshipper since the early days and cannot let it go. I didn't know there is another one like me...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Klenkes said:

Of course Presto based :) I am a Presto worshipper since the early days and cannot let it go. I didn't know there is another one like me...

:D 

6 hours ago, Speed said:

@AndZyk, yes I am aware about disabling cache in dev tools. It didn't really work most of time.

Well, I guess Ctrl+Shift+Del or getting chrome apps called clear cache is the solution for now.  

Strange, that it didn't work for you. Be sure, that your developer tools are open, when refreshing the site.

But if the others solutions work for you, than that is fine too. ;)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoritzLost
      This is a new module that provides a simple solution to clearing all your cache layers at once, and an extensible interface to perform various cache-related actions.
      The simple motivation behind this module was that I was tired of manually clearing caches in several places after deploying a change on a live site. The basic purpose of this module is a simple Clear all caches link in the Setup menu which clears out all caches, no matter where they hide. You can customize what exactly the module does through it's configuration menu:
      Expire or delete all cache entries in the database, or selectively clear caches by namespace ($cache API) Clear the the template render cache. Clear out specific folders inside your site's cache directory (/site/assets/cache) Refresh version strings for static assets to bust client-side browser caches (this requires some setup, see the full documentation for details). This is the basic function of the module. However, you can also add different cache management action through the API and execute them through the module's interface. For this advanced usage, the module provides:
      An interface to see all available cache actions and execute them. A system log and logging output on the module page to see verify what the module is doing. A CacheControlTools class with utility functions to clear out different caches. An API to add cache actions, execute them programmatically and even modify the default action. Permission management, allowing you granular control over which user roles can execute which actions. The complete documentation can be found in the module's README.
      Beta release
      Note that I consider this a Beta release. Since the module is relatively aggressive in deleting some caches, I would advise you to install in on a test environment before using it on a live site.
      Let me know if you're getting any errors, have trouble using the module or if you have suggestions for improvement!
      In particular, can someone let me know if this module causes any problems with the ProCache module? I don't own or use it, so I can't check. As far as I can tell, ProCache uses a folder inside the cache directory to cache static pages, so my module should be able to clear the ProCache site cache as well, I'd appreciate it if someone can test that for me.
      Future plans
      If there is some interest in this, I plan to expand this to a more general cache management solution. I particular, I would like to add additional cache actions. Some ideas that came to mind:
      Warming up the template render cache for publicly accessible pages. Removing all active user sessions. Let me know if you have more suggestions!
      Links
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/ProcessCacheControl ProcessCacheControl in the Module directory

• By verdeandrea
      Hello,
      I am using ProCache v3.1.8 on ProcessWire 3.0.96.
      Everything worked fine in the past, but today I noticed that the css file serverd by procache gives a 410 error. 
      The file is there, I checked.
      I deleted the cached files, I deleted the css file, I looked into the .htaccess file looking for some clues about this problem but nothing worked.
      The only way i can see my website correctly again is disabling ProCache. 
      Has anyone any clue on what could be the cause of the problem or on what should I do to fix it?
      Thanks!
    • By abdulqayyum
      Hy Processwire community,
      There are some problem in fileCompiler cache.
      when i change under the directory \site\templates\ it must change under the directory /site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/
      but it does not update and functionality working with /site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/templates/ directory.

In this case please suggest me how i clear fileCompiler cache?
      what i have to clear it manually?
      Thanks AbdulQayyum.
    • By modifiedcontent
      I had upgraded my Apache configuration to include PHP7.2 and PHP7.3 for a Laravel-based script on the same server. Somehow it/I messed up a previously fine Processwire site, in a very confusing way.
      The site still looks fine, but editing template files has no effect whatsoever. It is stuck on some kind of cached version. I have already disabled PHP7's OPcache, cleared browser caches, etc, with no effect.
      The pages now apparently come from PW's assets/cache/FileCompiler folder, even though I never enabled template caching for this site.
      I have tried adding "namespace ProcessWire;" to the top of the homepage template file, but then I get this fatal error:
      My functions.php file pulls data in from another Processwire installation on the same VPS with the following line:
      $othersitedata = new ProcessWire('/home/myaccount/public_html/myothersite/site/', 'https://myothersite.com/'); That apparently still works fine; the site still displays data from the other installation, but via the "cached" template that I am now unable to change.

I don't know where to start with this mess. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. 

Edit:
      Adding "$config->templateCompile = false;" to config.php results in the same fatal error as above. 
    • By Jan235
      Hello,
      I'm started to play around with processwire. And I like it! My local dev system is up and runnig. I'm using the template factory with Twig. Anybody who use Twig and ProCache or is it possible to use both modules?
      Thanks in advance