PageTable field, only super user can see entries

Jonathan Claeys

Hi,

for a website I'm developing I was trying to use the PageTable field, but I can't seem to get it work. All access rights should be fine. The superuser & editor can add items. But only the superuser sees them. For some reason the editor role doesn't see them after they were added. 

I've found some posts back from 2015 with this issue, is this still a bug or is there already a fix? I'm having this issue with Processwire 3.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2016 at 9:30 PM, Jonathan Claeys said:

But only the superuser sees them. For some reason the editor role doesn't see them after they were added.

Doesn't see them on the front-end or in the admin?

Where in the tree are the PageTable pages stored? Are the PageTable pages viewable by editor if you load them directly on the frontend (i.e not via the PageTable field)?

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Claeys said:

They are stored as children of that page.

So if you go to those child pages in the tree (not via the PageTable field), can the editor edit those pages? Does the editor role have edit and view permission for the template used by the pages?

I found the problem, I had my parent under wich the children were saved under the Admin section, the admin is a hidden page. Seems that if one of his ancestors has a hidden status the PageTable won't list it's children. Might be better that it would only check it's parent instead of it's ancestors. But for now I just moved my categories page.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jonathan Claeys said:

Seems that if one of his ancestors has a hidden status the PageTable won't list it's children.

That's not the case - I always keep my PageTable items under the Admin branch of the tree and don't have any issues with non-superusers viewing and editing PageTable pages. You just need to make sure:

• The editor role has edit access (and of course view access) for the template used for the PageTable pages.
  • The editor role has "Add children" access for the template used for the parent page of the PageTable pages.

You set this in the "Access" tab of the settings for each template.