Q: Why is ProcessWire like David Hasselhoff?

Robin S

A: They're both big in Germany :biggrin:

Not a scientific measure for sure, but for forum members who choose to disclose their location Germany seems to be the most common country. I'm curious about why ProcessWire would be especially popular in Germany. Was PW featured in a popular German-language publication or something like that?

For German members (or any members actually): how did you first hear about PW?

hoff.jpg

• Like 6

Interesting thread and nice picture. Maybe you should make a request for ProcessWire to include more breast hair. :cool:

In my case, I was introduced to PW by an co-worker who saw, that it won the CMS Critic 2014 Award for Best Free PHP CMS. At this time he was looking for a flexible field based CMS similar to Contao, which we used before. I quickly became a fan, because I only used to know WordPress and enjoyed the freedom I had as an developer + the friendly community.

Or like The Hoff used to say:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AndZyk said:

Or like The Hoff used to say:

but he also says; the search goes on, still cant't be found... so something is fishy... :P btw, the clip is a lot worse than the photo (even thought I have to agree that the photo is indeed horrendous), so so far you are the winner!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ivan Gretsky said:

But damn, who is David Hasselhoff? I read Wikipedia but still do not get it.

Just count yourself lucky and stop your research now. Trust me, you're not missing much. :D

5 minutes ago, Ivan Gretsky said:

And PW is definitely at home at Germany.

But seriously, this is what I'm talking about. There's got to be a reason why Germany is the only country whose interest in PW reaches the threshold to register on Google Trends - any ideas?

• Like 4

My best guess is that Germans support both David Hasselhoff and Ryan Cramer because both have German last names (and maybe origins - Hasselhoff does for sure). If Ryan's last name was Ivanov he could be much more popular in Russia.

But your question @Robin S is pretty interesting marketing wise. Could this be part of the answer?

• Like 4

On 4.12.2016 at 0:05 AM, Robin S said:

Just count yourself lucky and stop your research now. Trust me, you're not missing much. :D

But seriously, this is what I'm talking about. There's got to be a reason why Germany is the only country whose interest in PW reaches the threshold to register on Google Trends - any ideas?

Well the top 2 most popular CMS in Germany are Wordpress and Typo3 respectively according to this site, although I shouldn't believe the numbers too much because PW is not even ranked :)

http://www.cmscrawler.com/country/DE

And if you've ever used either of them, you'll reach a point where you'll be frustrated either by inflexibility, increased difficulty in maintenance or security issues and you'll have to migrate and something like PW would be like a breath of fresh air in comparison.

I think @lisandi sums it nicely in this post.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...