thomas

showIf with InputfieldImage

I am trying to use `showif` on a field accompanying an image field. It's supposed to only be present if an image was uploaded. So far, so easy. `image.count>0` does the trick. But when I open the page for editing, the field stays closed, even though an image was uploaded before.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

thomas

image.count is not a supported showif selector. The images field is not using an html inputfield, which would be countable by js. At least not without deep knowledge of the used markup.

@thomas, I created a module that allows image and file fields to be used in inputfield dependencies.

• Like 3

accidental double post

Edited by Robin S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EyeDentify
      Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
      There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.
      I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.
      Update:
      After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
      But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1 And here is a screenshot of the event:

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
      But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify
    • By rushy
      Hi all
      Continuing my first project where I am creating and manipulating stuff from the frontend. Till now I've always added things like images from the backend, but in this project I need to add and move images from a frontend control. This is a photo album where images are stored in albums, each album being a page containing a Pageimages array in the usual way. So what I want to know is how do I move an image from one album (page) to another in the frontend? I just need some guidance on how to approach this.  I suppose I need to do a copy and delete - but how do I copy an image or images from one page to another? What function should I use to create a new image on an existing page? I include a code snippet from the server side of my delete image request and it works fine. I'd like to implement something similar for a move and upload new image request. 
      Many thanks for any help. Paul 
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; // sanitize inputs as 1-line text $action = $sanitizer->text($input->post('action')); $instr = $sanitizer->text($input->post('input')); $sel = $input->post('selected'); // Expect JSON for image selected image list $selected = json_decode($sel); $nosel = count($selected); $response = array(); // for building JSON response switch($action) { // delete selected images case 'delete': $out = "<p>Deleted $nosel image(s)</p>"; foreach($selected as $item){ $album = $pages->get($item->album); $album->of(false); $out .= "<p>Image {$item->file} from album {$album->title}</p>"; $album->images->delete($item->file); $album->of(true); } $out .= saveUpdatedAlbums($pages, $selected); // add the response message for the delete $response['message'] = $out; break; ...... // save any album that had an image deleted function saveUpdatedAlbums($pages, $selected) { $cur = ''; $out = ''; foreach($selected as $item){ $album = $pages->get($item->album); if($album->id != $cur) { $album->of(false); $album->save('images'); $album->of(true); $cur = $album->id; $out .= "<p>Updated album {$pages->get($cur)->title}</p>"; } } return $out; }  

• By Robin S
      Inspired by a recent question.
      Image Crop Ratios
      Allows preset aspect ratios to be defined per image field for the ProcessWire image crop tool.
      The module adds a select dropdown to the crop tool. Choose an aspect ratio and the crop area will be fixed to that ratio.
      Screencast

Installation
      Install the Image Crop Ratios module.
      Configuration
      Default aspect ratios for all image fields can be defined in the module config. Aspect ratios for specific image fields can be defined on the Input tab of the field settings. You can override the ratio settings in template context if needed. Insert a hyphen as the first item in the ratio settings unless you want to force a ratio to be applied to the crop tool. The hyphen represents a blank option that allows a free crop area to be drawn. Usage
      Click the "Crop" link on the details view of an image thumbnail. Click the "Crop" icon at the top of the editor window. Choose an option from the "Ratio" select dropdown.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/ImageCropRatios
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/image-crop-ratios/
    • By rushy
      Bit of a newbie type question, even though I've been using PW for quite a while, I've not had to manipulate assets from the front end before.  I now have a need to update image properties from the front end and I'm trying to update an image description and tags when clicking on a link. I get the selected image and for example I can delete it with the code below. But I am missing some basic understanding when updating image description field as nothing happens, no errors but the description field remains empty. Any idea what steps I am missing? Many thanks. 
      // how to update image description? $al = $pages->get($album); $pgfile = $al->images->getFile($file); $al->of(false); $pgfile->description = "Test description"; $al->save(); // to delete an image - this works $al->of(false); $al->images->delete($file); $al->save();  
    • By Roberts R
      Hello.
      I never though about it before but when I insert image into CKeditor field I don't get ALT tag filled from image that has it. Do I have to do it manualy for inserted image or Im doing something wrong?