[Solved] Page Tree giving an error (doesn't work) PW 3.0.39

Xonox

Hi,

I updated a site from version 2. something, can't recall for sure, to version 3.0.39. All is working fine on local server. However, when I uploaded to online server, the page tree display stopped working.

1. Whenever I try to access the page tree it gives an alert with the text: Uknown error, please try again later

On the console I can see the following:

GET http://mysite.com/admin/page/list?id=1&renderJSON&start=0&open=undefined&mode=actions 500 (Internal Server Error) JqueryCore.js?v=1478723146:2

2. Whenever I try to access the page children (when editing a page) it gives an alert with the text: Uknown error, please try again later

On the console I can see the following:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status 500  http://mysite.com/admin/page/list?id=1040&renderJSON&start=0&lang=0&open=undefined&mode=actions (Internal Server Error)

When I was updating, I got an error on the site config.php file. I forgot to update the $config->httpHosts for the domain in the new server, which was corrected after the update.

The server is running PHP 5.4, MySQL 5.5.52, PW updated to 3.0.39

Any clues?

Hi,

@Robin S, after turning on the debug mode, it was all looking fine.

@Macrura, when I was looking for the directories' permissions, I came across a post that recommended to delete the cache folders, so I did and everything was working fine.

Thank's guys, for sending me through the right path! ;)

I also skipped this step on my local server so it´s a bit strange that this would have any influence. But it did.

Solution
Delete the session and cache files in the /site/assets directory.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SwimToWin
      Skip the "Add New" dialog page on Page Tree and elsewhere and go directly to the resulting page that shows all page fields right away. Page creation is now improving from being a two-step to becoming a one-step process.
      Scenarios:
      When only one Template can be selected: Skip the intermediate "Add New" dialog page by adding a GUID or other temporary page name that is later renamed. Show the final editing page so user can start editing all fields right away On Save: Page name is renamed with title When multiple Templates can be selected: Ask user to select Template on clicking New (before leaving the Tree Page). Then use the "one Template" flow above. (I am aware why the Page Name is needed.)
    • By benbyf
      Hi,
      Been updating fields on a live site from my dev site to get them in synch and I noticed repeater pages visible in my pagetree on teh live site. What might I have done to have this happen? The repeater module was enabled on both sites.

• By dfile
      Hello! I'm new here and have a question:
      i want to force pages to stay at the bottom of the pagetree:

I edit the ProcessPageListRenderJSON.php and it works.
      class ProcessPageListRenderJSON extends ProcessPageListRender { protected $systemIDs = array(); public function __construct(Page $page, PageArray $children) { parent::__construct($page, $children); $this->systemIDs = array( $this->config->http404PageID, $this->config->adminRootPageID, $this->config->trashPageID, $this->config->loginPageID, //system login #################################################### 1088, 1036, ################################################################### ); } Is there a way to do this without hardcode it in the ProcessPageListRenderJSON.php?
    • By nurkka
      Hi,
      when moving a page in the page tree via drag'n'drop, it was not possible (for me) to move it one level down beneath another page. This only works, when the destination page already has a child page.
      Is there a trick to do drag and drop a page one level beneath another page, even if this page hasn't already got a child page?
      I tried this in Firefox and Chrome.
      Thanks in advance.
    • By lisandi
      To increase usuability and much faster working when setting up a site it would be great to have a field for csv,txt data to be imported as new pages.

Already there is a csv import module which is working good but to work fast in creating a pagetree or several subpages with several templates assigned each it is slow as you need to create the parentpage in pagetree than click - click to the csv import module and again you need to select the right template and the pagetreepage and than you can import.

While the csv import module as a immediate switch to go to the pagetree after an import it would be nice to have the same vice versa and even much much better to have simply the csv import integrated in to the child page TAB field.

---

There is also no way to get back to the Children TAB after yo have created one Children Page. It would be good that there is a way to get immediately back to the Children Tab of a Page after creating the first, than the second etc page.

Right now it is cumbersom

Click on Add new page in children tab and the new page gets created, you save and publish it (actually it would be also good to have a way to save and publish in one step)
      than you need to click on the breadcrumb to get to the parentpage, which loads the complete pagetree, which is actually not needed right now as you only want to create the next children Page from the Children Tab "Add Page"

Thanks