Sign in to follow this  
PawelGIX

Blank white page in login screen

Hi I installed processwire php PHP 5.3.29 and on the login page, I get a white screen. Front-end works without a problem. Any ideas.
No errors in the file errors.txt

Hello PawelGIX,

have you tried to enable debug mode, to see more details? Of course the debug mode shouldn't be enabled on a live site, but you could enable it just for a short time, until you know the issue.

Regards, Andreas

• Like 1

That is interesting, because it doesn't show anything at all. If it would be an .htaccess-error, at least an 500 error should be thrown. But it doesn't seem to be, because your front end works properly.

PHP 5.3.8 and 5.4.45 are already outdated versions, but they should be supported. Preferably your hoster should offer at least PHP 5.6.x. You can always make sure to have the right PHP version running, by uploading an file f.e. info.php with the phpinfo-function in it. After checking, be sure to delete it, because it offers potential attackers an insight to your server environment.

Maybe someone else has more info on this issue. Nice site by the way.

4 minutes ago, AndZyk said:

That is interesting, because it doesn't show anything at all. If it would be an .htaccess-error, at least an 500 error should be thrown. But it doesn't seem to be, because your front end works properly.

Exactly. No PHP errors. No errors in PW logs. Server HTTP response 200. I have no idea what to do next

I would start with adding echo and exit() in site root index.php or (admin.php?) on various lines to see where it starts failing. If the echoes are shown and you reach the end of the file, move on to the next php file.

Another issue could be htaccess. I would try to uncomment sections and see what happens.

• Like 1

I found it.

Missing file: admin.php in templates directory. By the way very helpful would be an error message in this case, or log entry ;) 

...Or not deleting this file in the first place. But glad you found it. ;)