Robin S

Connect Page Fields

1 minute ago, a-ok said:

Is there a way to donate to the module’s development or to yourself?

Thanks, but not necessary. Pretty much all my modules get created because I have a need for them in work that I get paid to do, and it doesn't cost me anything to make them available for others to use too.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Robin S said:

Thanks, but not necessary. Pretty much all my modules get created because I have a need for them in work that I get paid to do, and it doesn't cost me anything to make them available for others to use too.

You are why the internet thrives. Thanks, Robin.

• Like 2

@Robin S Thanks for an awesome module! 😄

Would it somehow be possible to show thumbnails from an image field from the pages? Equal to the Admin on Steroids PageListThumbs?

(Multiple page select, AsmSelect, allow new pages to be created from field)

934747279_Skrmbillede2020-04-23kl_01_33_44.thumb.png.bea8c34c6f35591a00d3160e697ba8b1.png

As you can see when the PageLisThumbs is activated it actually already also applies to the AsmSelect "+ Add" pages overview. 
What I'm interested in knowing is if it could be possible to be able to show these thumbs (from a specified Images-type page field) next to the title in the overview?...

Thanks a lot 🙂

Best,
Jonatan

@jonatan, what you're describing doesn't relate to the Connect Page Fields module - this module doesn't get involved with whatever inputfield you have chosen to select pages with.

Maybe take a look at the Inputfield Selectize module - it shows an example with thumbnails in the readme.

• Like 1

@Robin S ah !.. Makes sense! :D Thanks a lot for such a quick reply!

Seems perfect. I'll look into it! 

Tak care :) 

All the best, 

Jonatan. 

• Like 1

Set this up for the first time tonight, works really well over here. Just to save someone else some head-scratching, if you do this:

On 9/14/2017 at 12:30 AM, Robin S said:

If you already have some Page Reference values in place before you start using the module on those fields then you can get things set up with a one-off API operation:

// Get all pages where page_field_a is not empty
$pgs = $pages->find("page_field_a.count>0");

Consider adding include=all to your selector to also iterate through unpublished and hidden pages when synchronizing your relationships..

// Get all pages where page_field_a is not empty, including hidden and unpublished pages
$pgs = $pages->find("page_field_a.count>0, include=all");

Great work on the module @Robin S, coming in very handy 🙂

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Andi said:

Consider adding include=all to your selector to also reiterate through unpublished and hidden pages when synchronizing your relationships.

Yes, good tip - thanks.

Also note that if unpublished pages are to be included then the Page Reference fields in question would need to be configured to allow them, because by default they are not.

2020-04-24_095959.png.f43118c3d7591825f59a48d1a695f488.png

• Like 2

I just wanted to let you know I ran into an unusual error message with PW 161 revolving around selectors. I was getting a strange popup whenever page creation was operating - stating there was an invalid selector : |

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the plugin and the problem went away. Not entirely sure why that would happen (I clear compiled files, cache etc)

Just thought I would put a note here in case you were able to replicate the issue. I was upgrading from 160 to 161 and I know Ryan was doing a lot of selector work.

• Like 1

@gornycreative, thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce that in PW 3.0.161 when the Connect Page Fields module config has been saved with one or more of the field selects left empty. Should be fixed in v0.3.1.

• Thanks 1