Setai International (first finished PW project)

ptjedi

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share this project I finished last month for a client. The design is not mine. I've implemented and converted the Illustrator mock-up into Processwire, and it went very well. There are some things regarding the design I would have change, but I could not go against the designer.

Here's the link: http://www.setaiasia.com

Special thanks to diogo, soma, yellowled for the support and, of course, Ryan for creating this wonderful tool.

• Like 3

You must have mistaken me for a PW developer, which I am most definitely not. :)

This is very neat. I didn't actually realize it's responsive until I resized the browser, which is always a good thing. Sometimes, you can spot that it's responsive from the "desktop" layout. Not with this one.

Still it does behave nicely when resizing the brower. I would just put a transparent 2px border under all the nav links, so you don't have the behavior that it's happening now (because there is a border only on the active link, the others don't flow well under it). Like this they will stack nicely under each other. Also wouldn't hurt to make the image smaller when the browser is resized. You can do this for instance:

#photo{
width:100%
max-width:1000px
}

EDIT: concerning the image. Even nicer would be to have the logo as a transparent png above it, and crop the left part of the image as the browser is resized down, keping the logo in place. Like this you will have a responsive website without any media query ;)

Wow. That's embarrassing (for me) and even better (for you) at the same time. It indeed behaves very nicely on smaller viewports without a single @media.

While I'm looking at the code: If you want to score some performance bonus points, you might want to concatenate javascripts and stylesheets (not with each other, of course), minify the concatenated files which and put all the JS at the bottom. (Disclaimer: Yes, I know there are other ways to boost JS/CSS performance, but this is the most simple one, and it's usually pretty effective.)

Thanks you both for the valuable tips and suggestions. I used most of Processwire's default template because this was a cheap project. But it was great to try PW for the first time, implementing a bilingual structure and other interesting (yet simple) features such as the dynamic gallery and news section.

I'm already picking up other work, and one thing I realize that PW isn't very good at is about exporting/importing a template+fields. Copying the php file plus adapting all fields is an enduring task. Isnt' there a way to to this faster?

F

Thanks you both for the valuable tips and suggestions. I used most of Processwire's default template because this was a cheap project. But it was great to try PW for the first time, implementing a bilingual structure and other interesting (yet simple) features such as the dynamic gallery and news section.

I'm already picking up other work, and one thing I realize that PW isn't very good at is about exporting/importing a template+fields. Copying the php file plus adapting all fields is an enduring task. Isnt' there a way to to this faster?

wooot PW isn't good at? ;) You mean for on a new site? Something like Profile Exporter could come in handy. Also you could pretty easy create a field template creator via API. Limitless and simple.

Edit: For locally tasks, also there's clone feature in PW. Go to /site/config.php and enable advanced mode. Welcome to advanced pro mode! Now you can under the tab advanced, clone fields and templates using a checkbox and save, then rename.

Soma had some good suggestions here. I also wanted to mention I'm planning to include json-text based exports of templates and fields in 2.3, so that you could copy/paste these things easily between sites.

• Like 1