Nesting Fieldset and FieldsetTab doesn’t work

I’m working on my first ProcessWire project and so far I’m really glad that I found this CMS :-)

But I discovered that nesting a Fieldset into a FieldsetTab doesn’t work. I tested it with and without the custom admin theme – with the same result.

That’s how part of the fields I use in the template look like:

post-531-0-27926400-1341147904_thumb.png

There’s a new tab “seo_tab” which contains the fieldset “seo_serp” and a few fields before and after this fieldset.

But the result doesn’t look like intended:

post-531-0-66684600-1341147903_thumb.png

The fieldset “seo_serp” doesn’t end where it should end. Instead it also covers all the following fields.

Any mistake I made? Or is this a bug?

Double check with the default admin theme, just in case it's something with the admin theme you are using. However, I think that it is a bug because I seem to remember running into something similar months ago with nested fieldsets. Though I'd forgotten about it till now. I will take a closer look.

I tested it with and without the custom admin theme – with the same result.

Double check with the default admin theme, just in case it's something with the admin theme you are using. However, I think that it is a bug because I seem to remember running into something similar months ago with nested fieldsets. Though I'd forgotten about it till now. I will take a closer look.

Ryan, according to his post, he already tested default theme. :)

Funny I tried this and could reproduce the same error, then I created a new fieldset and everything worked, then I tried again with the previous and it worked again... now I can't reproduce the error anymore and I'm not sure what changed. Still, make sure that the seo-serp_END field is really of FieldsetClose type. Or just delete it and create a new one to see if it works.

Thanks for testing Diogo and Michael. I'm pretty certain there's an issue in there somewhere. It may not be consistent, but luckily I've managed to reproduce it in one case here so should have enough to go on to fix it.

• Like 1