Template for custom admin page

regesh

I created custom admin page with link in top menu and set template for it. But opening it has another admin theme, not like is used in core admin pages.
So here is two screen shots. 
Does anybody know how to solve it.
And one more thing)) I included just small peace of code in this custom template for my admin page:

<?php 
namespace ProcessWire;
require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); 

Thanks for advice!

core.png

custom.png

3 hours ago, LostKobrakai said:

Why do you even include the old admin theme? 

I just copied contents of file admin.php in templates directory
Even if i write:

require($config->paths->modules . 'AdminTheme/AdminThemeDefault/controller.php');   

Result is the same.

• 2 years later...

I'm having the exact same problem. The intention to use a custom template for the job is to have additional fields together with the custom process. I also just copied / required the original admin.php template file. I thought it would make sense but it seems like this is not an option? Can you please shed some light on this @ryan

• 5 months later...

Same problem, copying the admin.php template to create a a custom admin template with additional fields does not work unfortunately. The old admin theme steps in.

Edit:
Found a possible reason for this bug, but no way to fix it yet. The problem could rely in line 140 in core/admin.php:

$initFile = $config->paths->adminTemplates . 'init.php'; 

With the default site/templates/admin.php file that value points to: /wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeUikit/init.php
When using a custom admin template the value points to: /wire/templates-admin/init.php
which then loads the wrong files.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      This module lets you add some custom menu items to the main admin menu, and you can set the dropdown links dynamically in a hook if needed.
      Sidenote: the module config uses some repeatable/sortable rows for the child link settings, similar to the ProFields Table interface. The data gets saved as JSON in a hidden textarea field. Might be interesting to other module developers?
      Custom Admin Menus
      Adds up to three custom menu items with optional dropdowns to the main admin menu.
      The menu items can link to admin pages, front-end pages, or pages on external websites.
      The links can be set to open in a new browser tab, and child links in the dropdown can be given an icon.
      Requires ProcessWire v3.0.178 or newer.
      Screenshots
      Example of menu items

Module config for the menus

Link list shown when parent menu item is not given a URL

Advanced
      Setting child menu items dynamically
      If needed you can set the child menu items dynamically using a hook.
      Example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('CustomAdminMenus::getMenuChildren', function(HookEvent $event) { // The menu number is the first argument $menu_number = $event->arguments(0); if($menu_number === 1) { $colours = $event->wire()->pages->findRaw('template=colour', ['title', 'url', 'page_icon']); $children = []; foreach($colours as $colour) { // Each child item should be an array with the following keys $children[] = [ 'icon' => $colour['page_icon'], 'label' => $colour['title'], 'url' => $colour['url'], 'newtab' => false, ]; } $event->return = $children; } }); Create multiple levels of flyout menus
      It's also possible to create multiple levels of flyout submenus using a hook.

For each level a submenu can be defined in a "children" item. Example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('CustomAdminMenus::getMenuChildren', function(HookEvent $event) { // The menu number is the first argument $menu_number = $event->arguments(0); if($menu_number === 1) { $children = [ [ 'icon' => 'adjust', 'label' => 'One', 'url' => '/one/', 'newtab' => false, ], [ 'icon' => 'anchor', 'label' => 'Two', 'url' => '/two/', 'newtab' => false, 'children' => [ [ 'icon' => 'child', 'label' => 'Red', 'url' => '/red/', 'newtab' => false, ], [ 'icon' => 'bullhorn', 'label' => 'Green', 'url' => '/green/', 'newtab' => false, 'children' => [ [ 'icon' => 'wifi', 'label' => 'Small', 'url' => '/small/', 'newtab' => true, ], [ 'icon' => 'codepen', 'label' => 'Medium', 'url' => '/medium/', 'newtab' => false, ], [ 'icon' => 'cogs', 'label' => 'Large', 'url' => '/large/', 'newtab' => false, ], ] ], [ 'icon' => 'futbol-o', 'label' => 'Blue', 'url' => '/blue/', 'newtab' => true, ], ] ], [ 'icon' => 'hand-o-left', 'label' => 'Three', 'url' => '/three/', 'newtab' => false, ], ]; $event->return = $children; } }); Showing/hiding menus according to user role
      You can determine which menu items can be seen by a role by checking the user's role in the hook.
      For example, if a user has or lacks a role you could include different child menu items in the hook return value. Or if you want to conditionally hide a custom menu altogether you can set the return value to false. Example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('CustomAdminMenus::getMenuChildren', function(HookEvent $event) { // The menu number is the first argument $menu_number = $event->arguments(0); $user = $event->wire()->user; // For custom menu number 1... if($menu_number === 1) { // ...if user does not have some particular role... if(!$user->hasRole('foo')) { // ...do not show the menu $event->return = false; } } });  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/CustomAdminMenus
      https://processwire.com/modules/custom-admin-menus/
    • By opalepatrick
      I see old posts saying that repeaters are not the way to go in Custom Process Modules. If that is the case, when using forms (as I am trying to do) how would one tackle things like repeat contact fields where there can be multiple requirements for contact details with different parameters? (Like point of contact, director, etc) or even telephone numbers that have different uses?
      Just for background I am creating a process module that allows me to create types of financial applications in the admin area (no need to publish any of this, pure admin) that require a lot of personal or company information.
      Maybe I am thinking about this incorrectly?
    • By sambadave
      Hi there
      Short version of question
      Let's say I have a page in the admin that contains a field... Is it possible to output the content from that field on another page in the admin? Almost like a reference.
      Longer version of question (with example)
      A house builder with multiple (60+) developments. They want to be able to create notices/messages that can be added to one or many developments. Handy for things like regional covid lockdowns or temporary office closures due to bad weather.
      My approach for the admin editing options:
      Add each message to each development
      Pros: You edit the message on the development page in context
      Cons: Very time consuming and repetitive if the same message needs to be applied to 60+ developments
        Control all the messages from one admin page and say which development each message should be applied to
      Pros: Easier to add/remove messages to more than one development at a time. Control all messages from one place.
      Cons: Content is not added on development page, which is where typical admin users may expect to find it I went for option 2 due to flexibility, and created a page within the admin for global development notices. This contains a repeater with:
      Field for message to display Checkbox list of all developments. The user can select which ones to apply each message to It's working really well but the only thing is that if the user goes to a specific development in the admin, the relevant messages aren't displayed in context (as they aren't edited on that page and instead on the global development notices page)... which may cause confusion when a new staff member / content admin tries to edit the text but there is no field when they go to the development admin page where they expect to see it...
      Solution???
      I don't require the message(s) to also be editable on the development page, but I wondered if there was a nice way to show it/them somehow. I feel like I am missing something really simple as I'm sure ProcessWire will have a nice way of achieving this, or maybe there are field settings that allow this kind of thing to happen?
      Any ideas on approaches or similar experiences would be much appreciated, even if it is just a much simpler example with the content from one field being shown on another admin page to get the ball rolling.
      Thanks in advance for any advice :)
    • By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.

• By rjgamer
      Hi guys,
      the field "redirect_last" of type DateTime got not updated. The update on the field "redirect_counter" works and got saved.
      Does anybody know what I did wrong in my code?
      if ($input->urlSegment(1) === 'redirect') { $page->of(false); $page->redirect_last = time(); $page->redirect_counter += 1; if ($page->save('redirect_counter')) { $session->redirect($page->website_url, 302); } } Thanks.