Template for custom admin page

regesh

I created custom admin page with link in top menu and set template for it. But opening it has another admin theme, not like is used in core admin pages.
So here is two screen shots. 
Does anybody know how to solve it.
And one more thing)) I included just small peace of code in this custom template for my admin page:

<?php 
namespace ProcessWire;
require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); 

Thanks for advice!

core.png

custom.png

3 hours ago, LostKobrakai said:

Why do you even include the old admin theme? 

I just copied contents of file admin.php in templates directory
Even if i write:

require($config->paths->modules . 'AdminTheme/AdminThemeDefault/controller.php');   

Result is the same.

• 2 years later...

I'm having the exact same problem. The intention to use a custom template for the job is to have additional fields together with the custom process. I also just copied / required the original admin.php template file. I thought it would make sense but it seems like this is not an option? Can you please shed some light on this @ryan

• 5 months later...

Same problem, copying the admin.php template to create a a custom admin template with additional fields does not work unfortunately. The old admin theme steps in.

Edit:
Found a possible reason for this bug, but no way to fix it yet. The problem could rely in line 140 in core/admin.php:

$initFile = $config->paths->adminTemplates . 'init.php'; 

With the default site/templates/admin.php file that value points to: /wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeUikit/init.php
When using a custom admin template the value points to: /wire/templates-admin/init.php
which then loads the wrong files.