FrancisChung

$page->get(URL) returns NullPage but a hidden page exists in the path

Hi there,

I'm trying to implement a hidden stats page to store various counters and I'm using this article as a basis for my PHP Code

I've created a stats  page  based on a stats template, and the page is set to unpublished with no other attributes.

What have I overlooked if the following code returns a Nullpage ?

$stats = wire(pages)->get("/stats");

I can "get" a homepage without any issue for reference.

It looks like the pages have to be published in order for Get function to work.

The page option "Hidden : Excluded from Lists and Searches" is a little misleading as I had that option unchecked and I assumed it would be searched.
Perhaps "Unpublished : Not visible on site" should be more elaborate and include "Excluded from searches (and lists????)"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrancisChung said:

It looks like the pages have to be published in order for Get function to work.

I can get an unpublished page okay with:

$p = $pages->get('/path/to/page/');

Are you sure your path/name is correct?

@Robin S,

Yes the same code works if i publish the page. It's kinda weird.

The template the page is based on only has 1 integer field representing a particular click stat.

I'm running PW 2.7.x (2?) 

Not sure why it wouldn't work in your case, but try getting the page by ID instead:

$p = $pages->get(1234);

6 minutes ago, FrancisChung said:

I'm running PW 2.7.x (2?) 

This may be something that has changed in PW3, because I found this old post from Soma that suggests you need to add 'include=all' when getting a page by path:

If that's the case then it's a shame the API documentation do not have notes indicating that is the case. 

AFAIK I think the API documentation is auto generated it would be great at least if there are links to certain forum articles or gotchas, aka PHP Documentation and their comments. Better would be in the API documentation itself outlining certain nuances and example codes.

It's very frustrating to spend a lot of time navigating through these issues and I think for myself it's definitely a minus when using the API sometimes on  Processwire. 

Update :

Unpublishing the page and adding the ', include=all' clause seems to have worked.
Thanks for the help @Robin S . Much appreciated, mate.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ngrmm
      I have a page with a table. Each table row has a page-reference field and a checkbox.
      The Page sends emails to all users (page-refrence->email-field) and change the value of the checkbox in a row to 1.
      It works with this:
      <?php // event ID fron url query $eventID = $input->get('eventID','int'); // get event-page $event = $pages->get($eventID); // config $fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from; $fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name; $emailSubject = $event->event_subject; // email html body ob_start(); include('./_inc/emailbody.inc'); $emailBody = ob_get_clean(); // make event-page editable $event->of(false); // loop through table and send out emails foreach($event->event_clients_list as $event_table_row) { // get client page $clientPage = $event_table_row->client_name; // get client email $clientEmail = $clientPage->email; // if client isn't invited yet (checkbox not checked) if($event_table_row->client_invited == '') { // send email $m = new WireMail(); $m->to($clientEmail); $m->from($fromEmail, $fromName); $m->subject($emailSubject); $m->bodyHTML($emailBody); $m->send(); // mark client as invited $event_table_row->client_invited = 1; $event->save('event_clients_list'); } } ?> But i have to use a variable in my emailbody.inc which i'm able to get in the table-loop.
      So i do the including of the body inside my loop. But this doesn't work anymore. Page sends out the emails but is unable to change the value of the checkbox.
      I get no errors!
      I'm using ProTable
      <?php // event ID fron url query $eventID = $input->get('eventID','int'); // get event-page $event = $pages->get($eventID); // config $fromEmail = $event->event_mail_from; $fromName = $event->event_mail_from_name; $emailSubject = $event->event_subject; // loop through table and send out emails foreach($event->event_clients_list as $event_table_row) { // get client page $clientPage = $event_table_row->client_name; // get client email $clientEmail = $clientPage->email; // email html body ob_start(); include('./_inc/emailbody.inc'); $emailBody = ob_get_clean(); // make event-page editable $event->of(false); // if client isn't invited yet (checkbox not checked) if($event_table_row->client_invited == '') { // send email $m = new WireMail(); $m->to($clientEmail); $m->from($fromEmail, $fromName); $m->subject($emailSubject); $m->bodyHTML($emailBody); $m->send(); // mark client as invited $event_table_row->client_invited = 1; $event->save('event_clients_list'); } } ?>  
    • By jds43
      Hello,
      I have a search page loosely based on Skyscrapers where I'm parsing a selector with options 'beds', 'bathrooms', 'size' fields. It is working well until I select 'Any' after I've run a search. This is where no results are returned (/?beds=&bathrooms=&size=&submit=). I want it to reset and show all results.
      I hope this isn't too vague.

• By Vigilante
      In general, is there an easy way to know which method should be used to access the API?
      For example, when _ini.php is used in the theme, it would seem you have to use wire()->addHookBefore(...). But on other sites where they used ready.php, I've seen it go straight to just doing $this->addHookAfter() even though there is no class or namespace set up in the ready.php file.
      So how do I know when I can do $this, or $wire, or wire() to access things? And any other variables I'm not aware of.
      Thanks!
    • By brdje
      Greetings,

I've created a product database which all use the template product.php and are published on the website.
      I'm trying to create an overview table with pagination of all the products, but using $pages->get does not return an object, only the object title.
      $products = $pages->get("template=product, limit=10"); This returns 10 strings in the frontend but not the object. When looping over the result set to get product fields, i get the following error:
      Notice: Trying to get property 'title' of non-object

Because the product database is fairly large, i've added a pagination using the same query and this does return all the pages, but i can't click on the links that the paginator renders.
      $results = $pages->find("template=product, limit=10"); if($results->getTotal() > 10) { echo $results->renderPager(array( "nextItemLabel" => "Volgende", "previousItemLabel" => "Vorige", "currentItemClass" => 'active' )); }
      I've added the option in the template to allow page numbers. When i navigate to the link manually, i still end up seeing the 10 first products.

I've tried changing several settings around, but i'm a bit stuck on how to resolve these issues. Do you have any advice what I need to adjust?
      Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• By VeiJari
      Hello forum,
      This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 
      When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 
      <span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user- select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>  But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)
      I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:
      $page->edit('title'); But didn't work either.
      We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.
      Is this a bug related to current master or something else?
      Someone else having this problem as well?