pleini

http 404 renders home page instead of page not found template

I have problems with some 404 URLs, that are not rendering the page_not_found template but the home page template instead.

Normal URLs that don't exist

/this-page-does-not-exist

are redirected to my 404 page without any problems.

But for URLs like 

/cool-page%20abc
/page&=123
/pagename'A

the home page is rendered. But when i am checking the webdeveloper console, the return code is 404

Do i miss some configuration? 

Thank you

status_code.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By horst
      Hey,
      I want to hook into the 404 handling of PW at the most earliest stage. Pleas can anybody point me to the hook or file that suits this best?
    • By dweeda
      I installed an SSL Certificate, then edited my .htaccess file:
        # -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        # 9. If you only want to allow HTTPS, uncomment the RewriteCond and RewriteRule lines below.
        # -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
        RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
      by uncommenting out the Rewrite lines.
      Now I get 404 error pages when I try go to any .../processwire-master/<pagename>/
      This includes my admin page at .../processwire-master/processwire/, so i can't get into my admin.
      What else do I need to do?
    • By joelplambeck
      Hi Guys,
      I'm trying to do my first migration to the customers existing server (IIS 10) . I ran the site as a subdirectory on my website for test purposes (everything works fine).
      Following the tutorial of Joss, I tryed the site on a local xampp server to make sure, it also works on a root directory. So far so good, everything works.
      Now I moved the files (from the xampp) to the customers server. The root/index page is shown but for every subpage i get 404 Errors...
      Hence I followed the troubleshooting guide for not working URLs:
      On the first sight, the .htaccess file is not recognized, therefore I contacted the host support. They said, it is recognized but not all modules are supported in the processwire .htaccess file. I did the "öalskjfdoal" test in the .htaccess file and didn't get a 500 Error.... BUT the rewrite rule from the hosts support, to proof the file is read, DID work... The support claims, they do not provide debugging... so basically the .htaccess file is recognized and working, but not throwing any errors (for whatever reason).
      Working rewrite rule (from support):
      RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^test\.asp$ index.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test\.html$ konzept.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test2\.html$ team.html [NC,L] The support said, a couple modules are not supported in the htaccess file, the supported ones are listed here: http://www.helicontech.com/ape/ (I think mod_rewrite is supported)
      As I do not completely understand what exactly is happening in the htaccess file, I'm stuck. I tried all suggestions I found regarding this topic on the forum, but none of them solved the problem.

.htaccess.txt
    • By vmo
      Hi,
      this has resolved.
      Thank you
    • By vmo
      Hi,
      I have a Processwire installation and when accessing any page it gives 404, page not found.
      The site is under development and until recent I just was developing the templates and right now I am developing the php and html into the templates files like home.php.
      The site was recently updated to the version 3.0.89 and I don't if it has something to do with the 404 error.
      Right now I do not have a clue about was happening,

I appreciate if any one have a clue what it might being happening.
      Thank in advanced.