[Bug] "Rows" view setting for Image field is not applied when field is inside repeater

efiguerola

Hello!

We are currently using ProcessWire 2.7.2 for one of our sites and we're having a bit of a problem with an Image field.

The field is configured to display images using the "Rows" view, display thumbnails in page editor and it has a maximum of 1 allowed file.

However, when the field is rendered within a Repeater item, it defaults to the "Grid" view, completely ignoring that I had selected the "Rows" view while configuring the field.

I feel that this is bad UX for the user, because if he/she wants to use the little trash can icon to delete the uploaded image, the user *needs* to know that he/she has to click the View Toggle icon first, in order to get to the "Rows" view. I want "Rows" view to be the default, so the user immediately sees the trash can icon once an image is uploaded.

What do you think?

I tested your issue in PW 2.7.2 and I can't reproduce it. Toggling back and forth between a default view of Rows and Grid updates as expected when the field is inside a repeater.

You could consider upgrading to PW3 where images may be deleted from all thumbnail views. Or if you must stay with PW 2.7.2 you could try this module from @BitPoet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...