Image not importing

Tony Carnell

Hi,

We've recently moved hosting from a shared server to a VPS and for some reason now when I try to import an image the progress bar reaches 100% but the image doesn't appear and doesn't get added to the page (see attached image).

The image field itself is part of the blog-post template in the ProcessBlog module, but it seems to be a fairly standard image field.

It used to work fine on the shared hosting, so my guess is that there may be a missing PHP module in the VPS setup that's prohibiting the image from importing fully.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing the problem and any possible cure?

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

image-grab.jpg

Are you running the same PHP version on the new server? Any differences in PHP settings? post_max_size and upload_max_filesize would be ones to check in particular.

Another thing to do is open your browser JS console and look for errors during file upload. If there's anything there you can search the forums for references to the error.

This post from Ryan has some good advice, and the whole thread discusses a similar issue.

Thanks for the help Robin S.

Using the browser's console I could see that the iconv package was missing from the PHP installation on the VPS, so I installed it and now it's getting past the initial import window, but when it tries to display the image it's failing to.

Instead it's showing it as a blank image (see attached) and when I look in the relevant folder within site/assets/ the folder is empty. Any further ideas? I've used the console again but other than telling me it can't find the image, it's not saying anything useful.

It's as if it's failing to crop and save the image successfully.

grab-import.jpg