Harmen

Import different languages from DB

Hey all,

For my website I had to make a connection with an external DB. In that DB there are categories of products in different languages, and I want to import these categories in the languages that are available in processwire, I can do that with a very long code but I want to make it shorter. So I wrote a function to get the categories, but the different languages of the category names not, only if I insert the ISO-code hard-code. So here is my code:

protected function get_category()
	{   $languages = wire("languages");
		try {
			$prestashp = $this->get_dbPrestashop();
			foreach($languages as $language) 
				{
					$iso_code= $language->name ;

$categories = $prestashp->query(
							"SELECT l.id_lang, l.iso_code, cl.description, cl.name AS category_title, cl.id_shop, c.active, c.id_category, c.id_parent, c.position, cl.link_rewrite
							FROM ps_category c
							INNER JOIN ps_category_lang cl
							ON c.id_category=cl.id_category
							LEFT JOIN ps_lang l
							ON cl.id_lang=l.id_lang
							WHERE c.active='1'
							AND cl.id_shop='1'
							AND c.id_parent = '2'
							ORDER BY c.position
							");
				}
		}catch(Exception $e) {
			$this->message('Failed to show categories. Try again later.');

return false;

}
		return $categories;
	}

So in the DB there is Deutsch, Dutch, English(default), Spanish, Italian. And when I edit the template the different languages of the category names need to be imported in the right tab of the field.  52a3549a8adaed2d5f44cac6dfb6d9d3.png
https://gyazo.com/52a3549a8adaed2d5f44cac6dfb6d9d3 As you can see, there are language tabs above the field, and the names of the category in that language need to be insterted there. 

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

I'm not really used to hooks, maybe there is another option?

3 hours ago, Harmen said:

I'm not really used to hooks, maybe there is another option?

I don't think @Zeka was saying you have to use hooks - I think he was showing you the code that soma used for saving a language specific value to a field.

Using:

"name$lname" where $lname is actually defined as the ID of the language.

Take another look at soma's code and I think you will find what you need.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snobjorn
      I'd like to set up a LazyCron function that fires every hour on each page that has a template named "post". So far I have gotten the function running. But when it has fired once on "Page with Title A", it takes and hour before it is fired again on any other pages. It makes sense, hooking the function with wire()->addHook().
      What I want to do, is to get the function to be fired with LazyCron individually for each page. So that "Page with Title A" fires every hour (if it has pageviews), and "Page with Title B" is fired individually and possibly during the same timeline, if it has pageviews.
      Is this possible? Or might there be another way to utilize a sort of LazyCron on individual pages?
    • By Noel Boss
      Hi everyone 🙌
      Is there a way to order the language tabs in the backend? Currently, they seem to be ordered based on the created date (or id?) …
      ( time passes … ⏰ 🚶‍♂️)
      Just answered my own question. One can reorder the languages in the page tree under admin » languages or directly in the DB » pages » template_id=54 » sord field.
      Anyone knows if there are side effects when moving the default language from sort 0 to somewhere higher?
    • By gerritvanaaken
      Wouldn’t it be cool to have whole repeater items (or even repeater matrix items) language-specific. Some of my clients do have pages that are 90% identical in German and English, but there are some sections that should not appear in one or another language. I attached a concept screenshot.
      Would something like this be possible with some simple backend hooks and "hidden checkbox fields"? Or is it way more complicated?

• By louisstephens
      I was really unsure of how to actually title this post, so I do apologize (if someone has a better idea, I will gladly edit it). I am using the profields: pagetable field to allow people to create their own "content" (copy, image, button, etc etc) and rearrange it. I also included a field called "column_size" using the RangeSlider set to (1-12).
      I guess I'll clarify a bit more on this. I am using flexbox where the "row" is <section></section> and the columns are <div class="column"></div> have given the "columns"  flex: 1 1 0; so no matter how many columns you have, the columns will automatically adjust for new content. Where my confusion is coming in: If a user has set up 3 copy items (with 12, 5, 7 respectfully for the column_size), how do I actually output this in my template? I was going to use a switch statement to handle the various items which I thought made it quite easy, but with closing sections and columns I have confused myself as I assume I need an if statement to check if the column size is > 12, or = 12 to determine the actual closing/opening of sections. I apologize if I have not made this very clear. I am a bit unsure how to word this let alone to go about this. 
      Im very appreciative of for any insight into this.

• By jds43
      Hello,
      Does anyone have experience with migrating content from Django to Processwire? Or are there any suggestions for achieving this?