Hiding the Setup, Modules and Access top-nav tabs

Karlos

I've got my first Processwire site all set up and everything was pretty much straight forward, but I am stuck on literally the last thing I have to do which is locking down some of the features within the admin area.

I have three users, a Superuser, an Admin and a guest. The Superuser account is for me so that I can make higher level changes, and the regular Admin user is for the person who manages the copy on the site, so ideally they will only have the ability to add, edit or delete pages, and not be able to mess with any of the settings such as templates or fields.

So I would like to be able to hide three of the top navigation tabs from the Admin user (Setup, Modules and Access).

I've tried making the pages hidden in their settings tabs, but even as the Superuser, the page is locked for edits.

The Modules section does only show up for superusers no matter what you do. Setup will only show those modules, where you explicitly gave the admin role a permission for (otherwise it's hidden). And Access depends on if admin does have the 'user-admin' permission.

I actually have something set up for a user who can only add/edit pages. The Setup, modules, and access aren't visible at all to the user. I simply created a new role with with certain actions (page-edit/page-clone/page-edit recent/page-template/page-view/page-lister) and assigned that role to a new user I created. This should "hide" the setup/modules/permission..

Of course @LostKobrakai posted right when I hit submit..

• Like 2

I've just double checked the roles and permissions and I've got a similar setup for the admin user as you louisstephens, and they definitely don't have the superuser role assigned to them. But when logging into the admin account using an incognito window or on my mobile I can still see those tabs.

The admin account was the one that I used when setting the site up, could that have anything to do with it?