hellomoto

PW equivalent of WP All Import Pro?

Would anyone here be able and inspired to develop a ProcessWire equivalent to the WordPress plugin WP All Import Pro? or to help me do so?

This is what I'm envisioning...

• Upon installation the module creates an admin page titled "Import & Update". On the module config page you can specify allowed templates to run this on, otherwise allowing any.
  • Include the following PHP libraries: hQuery for web scraping, Csv for CSV handling, and Parser for XML.
  • Create template "import-update".
  • On the "Import & Update" page, a list of current import/updaters will be displayed (0 initially), each with corresponding links to "edit" or "run".

When you "Add New", this be the "import-update" template (with all module-specific fields tagged "impupd"):

• title
  • destination (req.): parent, template
  • source (req.):
    • type (web, csv, xml)
    • location (url, file, text)
      • if web: opt. index URL & link selector, + paginator selector
      • if csv: opt. ignore 1st row
      • if xml: req. individual item node xpath
  • actions (check):
    • import (if none matching UID)
    • update (if matching UID & field values differ)
  • save() [req. here in flow]
  • map (repeater):
    • input (select fields from specified template to affect)
    • intake (corresponding DOM selectors / CSV col. letters/headers / xpath per field) (req.)
  • UID (unique ID; field reference to compare against, from selected input fields) (req.)
  • Lazy Cron interval

Scripts can be run via the import-update template; keep logs; show preview (iframe/ajax) for manual runs. ...

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By maba
      Hello,
      I need to import regularly - every 15 or 30 days - a big .xslx file into my PW installation.
      This file now has 14 columns, 5.000 rows and grows every month.
      I'll need to group, order and work with these data to:
      analyse User monthly costs analyse User costs per Asset ... User (real AD account) has to match with a PW user - I can't join to the domain - but as you can see I have some services users (start with sca_*) or no user at all. Those rows have to be assigned to a specific user, e.g. account100.
      And:
      I would like to be able to have a kind of diff function to compare User assets between this and last month (and so on) other request is to have a notification when something change for a User between actual and latest import First request: which is the best solution to store those data in your opinion? Page, Table, Repeater Matrix, ...?
      Those are very repetitive data and I think a page reference is better than to import all the data every time but I have to understand how to manage those "dynamic" groups of software (AccType Det), hardware (Asset), ... For example Price will be imported and not stored with the description because it could be change in the future and I'll not have any control on it.
      Thanks!
      User,OE,productNmr,AccType1,AccType Det,Count,Price (€),Sum,ASNA,CC,AccType Info,Asset,AccGroup,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • By dragan
      Is it by design that a site/ready.php is not included when creating a new site profile? Is it possible to include it with a hook? Or are there any security thoughts? (I don't want to redistribute it in public, it's just so I have my own boilerplate)
    • By Mike Rockett
      Docs & Download: rockettpw/markup-sitemap
      Modules Directory: MarkupSitemap
      Composer: rockett/sitemap
      MarkupSitemap is essentially an upgrade to MarkupSitemapXML by Pete. It adds multi-language support using the built-in LanguageSupportPageNames. Where multi-language pages are available, they are added to the sitemap by means of an alternate link in that page's <url>. Support for listing images in the sitemap on a page-by-page basis and using a sitemap stylesheet are also added.
      Example when using the built-in multi-language profile:
      <url> <loc>http://domain.local/about/</loc> <lastmod>2017-08-27T16:16:32+02:00</lastmod> <xhtml:link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="http://domain.local/en/about/"/> <xhtml:link rel="alternate" hreflang="de" href="http://domain.local/de/uber/"/> <xhtml:link rel="alternate" hreflang="fi" href="http://domain.local/fi/tietoja/"/> </url> It also uses a locally maintained fork of a sitemap package by Matthew Davies that assists in automating the process.
      The doesn't use the same sitemap_ignore field available in MarkupSitemapXML. Rather, it renders sitemap options fields in a Page's Settings tab. One of the fields is for excluding a Page from the sitemap, and another is for excluding its children. You can assign which templates get these config fields in the module's configuration (much like you would with MarkupSEO).
      Note that the two exclusion options are mutually exclusive at this point as there may be cases where you don't want to show a parent page, but only its children. Whilst unorthodox, I'm leaving the flexibility there. (The home page cannot be excluded from the sitemap, so the applicable exclusion fields won't be available there.)
      As of December 2017, you can also exclude templates from sitemap access altogether, whilst retaining their settings if previously configured.
      Sitemap also allows you to include images for each page at the template level, and you can disable image output at the page level.
      The module allows you to set the priority on a per-page basis (it's optional and will not be included if not set).
      Lastly, a stylesheet option has also been added. You can use the default one (enabled by default), or set your own.
      Note that if the module is uninstalled, any saved data on a per-page basis is removed. The same thing happens for a specific page when it is deleted after having been trashed.

• By stanoliver
      My aim is to output a very basic xml document which should be styled with a few css-styles.
      <?xml version = "1.0"?> <contact-info> <name>Donal Duck</name> <company>Superducks</company> <phone>(011) 123-4567</phone> </contact-info> How do I implement it with processwire?
    • By benbyf
      Hi!
      Been doing some basic Twilio implementation for a client to enable them to automatically send text messages to registered users on page publish. As an upshot, I thought I would strip out the site specific work and stick up on github here: https://github.com/benbyford/TwilioChannels
      This modules pulls in the Twilio APi and enables you to send SMS messages from your front or backend.
      Send SMS message Truncate message to single message character limit Auto-select number from range of numbers depending on $To number country of origin–this enables you to send messages with a local number to that user if one added to the config. Templates usage:
      $twilio = $modules->get("TwilioChannels"); $twilio->sendSMS($toNumber, $message);