JsonNativeField: key-value table + native JSON = fully searchable

BitPoet

On 8/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, Ivan Gretsky said:

2. This doesn't seem to work. I get an error Call to a member function set() on string. Am I doing something wrong?

There's a typo there, it should be "->" instead of ">-", sorry for that.

3. You gave example of how to set new values. Can you help with getting the value of a specified key and outputting it.

<?php

// Expressive version:
echo $p->nativeField->get('fifth-row')->value;

// If the native field's name adheres to PW's field name rules, you can shorten that:
echo $p->nativeField->fifthrow->value;

// Stringification returns the stringified value, not the object
echo "{$p->nativeField->fifthrow}";

5. What are field type configuration options? Are you talking about setting a new custom type (for example, not just text, but email / phone) with its own customizable pattern checks and so on? That was exactly what I was about to propose. The other cool thing would be to use custom inputfields for types. Like Page Reference to get a comma separated pages list and store it as a string.

That would be another step further. For now, it's just configuration options for each different kind of input (text, int, float...).

6. Another idea is the ability to limit the names and/or name/type combinations to a predefined set, so the user can only choose from the list, but not create new key/value pairs.

I'm not sure if that would offer much advantage over regular fields, but I'll give it some thought.

• Like 1