Is it possible to change the "New" text in Page fieldtype to something else?

Juergen

You can easily change any text in the admin by creating a new custom language.

Edit: strike that, You don't even have to create a new language. Just install the multi language support, and you're good to go.

But I only want to change the text for this type of template (eventpage) not at all for this field. I use the same field in several templates and I want to change the text depending on the content (fe New event category, New price category and so on).

You could use a replace hook on renderAddable().

But, based on your screenshot above...

You are not using a core Page inputfield. Looks like the InputfieldChosenSelect module, which has it's own method for adding new pages and does not render the core "Create New" link.

And I believe your "New" button is not core either, but actually rendered by the AdminPageFieldEditLinks module. These details do matter.

• Like 3

You are right. I use the InputfieldChosenSelect.module but it is used inside the fieldtype Page to render multiple selects. It doesnt matter if I use InputfieldChosenSelect, PageListSelect or another possibility of this fieldtype - the link text is always the same.

Here is a sceenshot of another option of this fieldtype:

Screenshot_9.jpg

This link is not part of AdminPageFieldEditLinks it is part of the fieldtype Page where you can choose if a link to create new pages should be visible or not.

6 minutes ago, Juergen said:

This link is not part of AdminPageFieldEditLinks it is part of the fieldtype Page where you can choose if a link to create new pages should be visible or not.

Have you already translated the string then? Because the core Page inputfield renders "Create New" by default, not "New": https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/master/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldPage/InputfieldPage.module#L621

• Like 1