Repeaters Creating multiple templates

louisstephens

So I know when you create a repeater you have the chance to select how many fields will be created before you have to save, but I unfortunately created several (10 repeaters) that have started to create a mess. Is there a way to go back to the repeater and edit it to show only 1 so it will stop creating templates? I went back to edit but I did not see this option anywhere.

Repeaters don't create multiple templates (unless it's a Repeater Matrix field). I think you might be referring to the "Ready-To-Edit New Repeater Items" setting in PW <2.8. The setting is on the details tab:

repeater.jpg

If you upgrade to PW 3 or 2.8 this isn't an issue as new repeater items load one at a time via AJAX.

Thanks Robin. I guess I had it in my brain, but could not describe it correctly when I was writing this down. I was merely curious (as I did upgrade from 2.5 to 2.8) and it appears that pages let me select various repeaters to be used as a "template" (ie repeateritemone-1 repeateritemone-2). 

3 hours ago, louisstephens said:

it appears that pages let me select various repeaters to be used as a "template"

Not sure I understand. Do you mean when you add a new page, in the first step where you select a template for the page you are seeing the templates of repeaters included in the list? That shouldn't be happening because the repeater template (which is only visible if you choose to show system templates in Setup > Templates) should be set to "Can this template be used for new pages? No".

Edit: I think I get what you're talking about - you can select a repeater template in a page's "Settings" tab. The answer to that is "just don't" ;).
A repeater does create a (system) template to use for its repeater pages, but not multiple templates which is what I thought you were saying in your first post.